Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Deal no deal.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Has anyone seen the revamp of this game show with new host Stephen Mulhern ? Seen one myself and thought that he might be to lightweight as Noel Edmunds had been a decent presenter for the popular C4 production. Mulhern came across as a steady hand but i have only seen one show so time will tell.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This thread is yet again 17:15, BBC1, weekdays

Disco Snr

Dec 20, 2022
Just choose one box in the first 2 minutes of the show - Dealer says are you sure and offers xx amount, contestant decides either way - Done, no need to watch another 30 odd minutes of complete nonsense. Ooo, I have a friend for life, I opened a random box for you and now we're inseparable. Anyway, I enjoy Mulherns hosting of shows:)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I somehow got fixed on this show on Tuesday. But why. There is no skill to this game at all but I found myself shouting at the TV for the woman to take the money when she was offered a few grand.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Noel edmunds used to say “you have played a great game” most shows. It made me lose my head. But I kept watching.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not for me, the game is the most bollocks thing ever, its just simply luck to a certain extent. The only saving grace was that Noel Edmonds was an unhinged maniac, so successfully convinced the audience/contestants that there was skill to it. Need someone truly mental to take over, Tarrant, Madelely, Jake Humphries, Glenn Hoddle, not Mulhern.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The game is as boring as it gets!

99% of it is waffle about family, friends, job, tactics (there are none), shite jokes and about 1% of the game is actually opening the boxes.

I used to think Tipping Point was boring but at least there was actual skill involved.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The game is as boring as it gets!

99% of it is waffle about family, friends, job, tactics (there are none), shite jokes and about 1% of the game is actually opening the boxes.

I used to think Tipping Point was boring but at least there was actual skill involved.
"Skill" and "Tipping Point" in the same sentence? Randomly pushing a button to drop a token randomly into a machine and pot luck where the token falls and what impact that token has on other tokens. Where's the skill in that?

Glad to see the back of the talentless Ben Shepperd who always refered to the machine as a female as in "she is being very difficult today". It's a mechanical contraption Shepperd you dunce. It doesn't have a sex (leave that to the French) and it doesn't have a personality.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Skill" and "Tipping Point" in the same sentence? Randomly pushing a button to drop a token randomly into a machine and pot luck where the token falls and what impact that token has on other tokens. Where's the skill in that?

Glad to see the back of the talentless Ben Shepperd who always refered to the machine as a female as in "she is being very difficult today". It's a mechanical contraption Shepperd you dunce. It doesn't have a sex (leave that to the French) and it doesn't have a personality.
The only gameshow host more dreary than Ben Shepperd is that absolute dullard who hosts "Impossible", Rick Edwards. Where do they get these people from? These two are literally the most boring people on telly, and they get to host gameshows. It's mental. I'd rather listen to a podcast of El Presidente reading Dougie's entire list of NSC posts on loop.

As for Deal or No Deal - it's absolute wank. It was wank when Edmunds hosted it, and it's wank now. Wank wank wank.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The only gameshow host more dreary than Ben Shepperd is that absolute dullard who hosts "Impossible", Rick Edwards. Where do they get these people from? These two are literally the most boring people on telly, and they get to host gameshows. It's mental. I'd rather listen to a podcast of El Presidente reading Dougie's entire list of NSC posts on loop.

As for Deal or No Deal - it's absolute wank. It was wank when Edmunds hosted it, and it's wank now. Wank wank wank.
We'll put you down as being on the fence then - excellent.

Totally agree on Rick Edwards. 5Live Breakfast used to be my radio destination of choice, but I'd rather staple my scrotum to a moving bullet train than listen to a nanosecond of RE's absolutely inane drivel.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I dunno. I’ve had my head down the bog most of today after proving to my wife that it’s perfectly safe to eat week long out of date eggs, and it’s been a nice, steady watch as my immune system grapples with the salmonella.

Mulhern’s been alright for me. Certainly better than the decision making of tonight’s contestant, turning down £7,500 with only a £25k, £50 and a fiver left on the table. A very poor understanding of odds on display there. Walked away with the fiver.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I see your Rick Edwards and raise you a Fearne Cotton. Possibly the dullest person ever to grace TV and radio.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Well you at least need decent general knowledge. In DOND you need to be able to pick a number.

Agree re she. Also ‘fire up zone 2’. It’s a ****ing light switch, not the space shuttle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here