Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day - are we done???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We did sign Ulloa - in the January 2013 window (and Murray way back when, of course)

Ulloa was a complete punt though, totally unheard of and unproven in this country. We got very lucky with him, and it came good for us, and particularly for him, as he is now playing in the Premier League.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ulloa was a complete punt though, totally unheard of and unproven in this country. We got very lucky with him, and it came good for us, and particularly for him, as he is now playing in the Premier League.

Sorry, so our one big success was complete luck. Or maybe we carefully scouted him and chased him for months. Based on your post there's absolutely no point in having a scouting network.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've had enough firepower to be fourth in February..and we didn't have Knocky or Wilson or Kaz for most of that time.

..............and the first time they played with Knockaert out wide, both the starters in our starting XI helped themselves to a goal. Perhaps having the supply is the answer.

Many years ago, a centre forward called Nat Lofthouse explained his success playing for England with Matthews and Finney on the wings. "All I have to do'" he said' "is run into the penalty area and jump up as high as I can. They will plant the ball on my forehead and into the net." We know Bobby and Wilson can put away chances; perhaps Knocky and the Czech lad (I haven't cracked spelling his name yet) can carry on supplying them, and bouncing the ball into goal off Hemed's arse/knee/shoulder. Problem solved!

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
..............and the first time they played with Knockaert out wide, both the starters in our starting XI helped themselves to a goal. Perhaps having the supply is the answer.

Many years ago, a centre forward called Nat Lofthouse explained his success playing for England with Matthews and Finney on the wings. "All I have to do'" he said' "is run into the penalty area and jump up as high as I can. They will plant the ball on my forehead and into the net." We know Bobby and Wilson can put away chances; perhaps Knocky and the Czech lad (I haven't cracked spelling his name yet) can carry on supplying them, and bouncing the ball into goal off Hemed's arse/knee/shoulder. Problem solved!

Add Muzza to the mix and it's as good as we could have ever asked for given our position 12 months ago. Well done the Albion!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
But it bloody helps.... Our top scorer has 7 goals.

Not many teams get promoted to the PL without a player scoring goals regularly.

Before signing Rhodes boro were big favourites for the league. Their current top scorer has 6.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, now official. BUT we clearly have a loan signing in our targets. Murray? From the club site:

Hughton says he is very happy with his squad, but he hasn't ruled out further business in the loan window should the right player be available.

He told SeagullsPlayerHD, "To bring in the players we have over this period, and some was done very early in the window, I am really delighted with the work done.

"We have also done some business with players going out which will give them a real good opportunity to play the games that they need to. We have good levels and good numbers in squad.

"The loan market is always there, and that is to go out or come in. I am very happy with the squad, but if we feel there is somebody who can improve the squad, or more so the team, then you have to be open to it.

"At this moment I am delighted with what I have on this final day of the window. It is for myself and this group of players to get our ultimate aim and keep pressure on those top teams and give ourselves an opportunity for promotion."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-with-window-2933366.aspx#9RehDCSQusbWKdDm.99

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm quite underwhelmed to be honest. All the hype earlier about being busy but nothing to announce yet.... And we end up with a player that, let's be objective, might be good and has been capped internationally, but has until now played in the Czech league. He could turn out to be another in a list of duds that we've signed. The statement of intent simply hasn't happened. That said, plenty of deals going through in the PL for untested youngsters for crazy money, so perhaps we've bagged a bargain. Pleased with Knocky and Sidwell, but was just expecting........ more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton says he is very happy with his squad, but he hasn't ruled out further business in the loan window should the right player be available.

"The loan market is always there, and that is to go out or come in. I am very happy with the squad, but if we feel there is somebody who can improve the squad, or more so the team, then you have to be open to it."

So, exactly the same as the 91 other managers in the leagues, then.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry, so our one big success was complete luck. Or maybe we carefully scouted him and chased him for months. Based on your post there's absolutely no point in having a scouting network.

That's not what I meant at all. Of course we scouted him! All I was saying was, that he was unheard of by the vast majority of people in this country. When players come in from foreign clubs, and have never played in this country,however good they are it is always a bit of a gamble. With Leo fortunately, it came off. End of.

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010
I have no idea if we competed with anyone for Knockearts signature but I would imagine all teams in the Championship would have thought it a quality signing. Including Middles-buy everyone-borough!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's not what I meant at all. Of course we scouted him! All I was saying was, that he was unheard of by the vast majority of people in this country. When players come in from foreign clubs, and have never played in this country,however good they are it is always a bit of a gamble. With Leo fortunately, it came off. End of.

All transfers are gambles. Even Jordan Rhodes could fail at Middlesbrough. Just because we've not heard of a player doesn't mean it's more of a gamble than a player we have heard of.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another good transfer window.

Only the Hyppia / Burke summer one stands out as a bad one since we've been at the AMEX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here