[Albion] De Zerbi: 'We deserved to lose...I understood the problem in January!"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

phoenix

May 18, 2009
it wasn't .
Congratulations you are far better at english than me. But i guess i'm just a normal kind of guy football fan i apoligise for that

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So why post trying to make it look like they've left because either Potter left or that we have RDZ?
i have no idea what you are talking about because i like/liked both managers in their own right , next .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not enjoying the bullying of @phoenix. We can't all be masters of sarcasm and wit, 24/7.

Any arguments and I'll repost the anecdote about the master of sarcasm and wit.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
i have no idea what you are talking about because i like/liked both managers in their own right , next .

No it wasn’t. F+++ing learn to read!
For a mod you are very aggressive but thanks i do have learning problems thanks to my learning disabilities. Care to abuse me some more .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ha ha Biss left a long time before are you having a laugh .There is now way on earth you can include Biss if you wan't a truce feel free to message me
Did you not read the bit in my original post you quoted about how good our midfield was in Potter’s last full season- so it obviously includes Biss who played for Potter that season, and whose transfer fee still counts towards our FFP headroom.

I don’t think comprehension is your strong point (or, indeed, maths).

phoenix

May 18, 2009

No it wasn’t. F+++ing learn to read!
I really do belive and think this bulling needs to stop i'm having a honest opinion and it is absolutly wrong to abuse me in this way.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I wonder how long the Club/PB/Bloom will suffer the ire of fans for selling Caciedo? Have people forgotten how hard his agent tried to get him to move in the January window - it was only the hard negotiations of the Club that meant he was with us for the second part of the season and he didn’t fcuk off to Brussels with Trossard on a weekend jolly or something. Perhaps someone who is still banging on about how we should never have sold Caceido explain to me how you force a player to stay at a Club and make him play his best football when he has his heart set on a move asap? I do think us fcuking around with Liverpool meant we ended up making a deal with Chelsea late in the window - we got a better price as a result of the mini bidding war but it left it very late to sign a replacement (not that a replacement was ever going to be anything more than a 20 year old kid who would be ready two years down the line because that is our recruitment policy in the main.)

I’m pretty sure we were looking at other many other Midfield players last summer too (did we consider Lokonga on loan after the deal with Baleba initially stalled?) - and apart from Kudus of course who is an attacking MF, I think Adrien Tamèze was on our radar too at one point but then contracted with Torino until 2026. It is not just a case of going shopping and spending money, players have to be available and have to be right and we can’t afford to outbid larger clubs - Baleba was considered the best ‘replacement’ by our scouting analysts and RDZ. He has amazing potential (didn’t do badly at Craven Cottage on Saturday) but clearly hasn’t learnt the system yet.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
You still haven't made a comment about what tactic you think he should try?

Also, hasn't the Senators downward spiral stopped because they're bottom?
I've never coached soccer/football, I'm just a slightly more than casual fan. And I don't recall any NSCer suggesting how RDZ and the players could break down other teams' bus parking.

The Senators have been bouncing between last (32nd) and 20th place because a) they haven't had a reliable goaltender since they let 39-year-old Craig Anderson go at the end of his contract in 2020; b) the head coach and his assistants refused to teach team defence, relying instead on the old adage that the best defence is a good offense. Well, guess what -- when your goalkeeping is poor, and your defencemen are left to fend for themselves because your stats-happy forwards refuse to skate back more than a few feet inside the D-zone blue line, you're gonna get outnumbered and outscored.

Anyway, I sense hostility on your part. Is it because you find my comments just more ignorant than everyone else's? Just block me, mate, if that's the case.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I wonder how long the Club/PB/Bloom will suffer the ire of fans for selling Caciedo? Have people forgotten how hard his agent tried to get him to move in the January window - it was only the hard negotiations of the Club that meant he was with us for the second part of the season and he didn’t fcuk off to Brussels with Trossard on a weekend jolly or something. Perhaps someone who is still banging on about how we should never have sold Caceido explain to me how you force a player to stay at a Club and make him play his best football when he has his heart set on a move asap? I do think us fcuking around with Liverpool meant we ended up making a deal with Chelsea late in the window - we got a better price as a result of the mini bidding war but it left it very late to sign a replacement (not that a replacement was ever going to be anything more than a 20 year old kid who would be ready two years down the line because that is our recruitment policy in the main.)

I’m pretty sure we were looking at other many other Midfield players last summer too (did we consider Lokonga on loan after the deal with Baleba initially stalled?) - and apart from Kudus of course who is an attacking MF, I think Adrien Tamèze was on our radar too at one point but then contracted with Torino until 2026. It is not just a case of going shopping and spending money, players have to be available and have to be right and we can’t afford to outbid larger clubs - Baleba was considered the best ‘replacement’ by our scouting analysts and RDZ. He has amazing potential (didn’t do badly at Craven Cottage on Saturday) but clearly hasn’t learnt the system yet.
I don't think there is any ire for selling Caicedo. He had to go. Even RDZ agreed he had to go (I paraphrase: "I have forgotten him already. I do not want players here who do not want to be at the club" etc). If there is any ire it is that he has not been adequately replaced - Dahoud was quickly discarded by RDZ and Baleba is a work in progress who, under our normal model, would probably be out on loan now instead of being thrown into the deep end.
I do agree that finding a replacement would be very difficult and expensive - expensive is not really what our club does and it always causes friction amongst fans. We went for several transfer windows without splashing the cash on a striker for example, when fans were crying out for one.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Great Post (y)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yep, not to mention going on strike. It would be nice if some moved on from Caicedo. We sold him for value. That’s all that matters. If people think they can run the club better then stick your money on the table.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our match day income from Premier League games is roughly £1m per game.
That's with 80% season ticket holders having a discount.

I would guess Fati's wages will be fully covered from the 4 Europa league home games.

Did @El Presidente once post how much we’d make from the EL, to various stages?

I hope Fati comes good. I never thought he would stay next season, but there were signs in the autumn of a quality player slowly regaining confidence, it would lovely to see that again for him and us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports