Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi second favourite to become next Chelsea manager....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Chelsea are in such a mess that I can't see RDZ going there after the success he's had here. The potential points deduction, inability to get in different players, morale of the squad and a dickhead of an owner are all going to put him off

There's going to be much better offers for him to consider. I'm more worried about the Liverpool job tbh.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wouldn't surprise me. I've been on Chelsea's Shed End forum and 95% of the blame is being laid at the feet of Pochettino, they think the players are decent and the fault is the manager. Example:

[Caicedo is] a very good player under a top manager. Same for Mudryk under De Zerbi and the same for Colwill under De Zerbi. Pattern emerging here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Chelsea are in such a mess that I can't see RDZ going there after the success he's had here. The potential points deduction, inability to get in different players, morale of the squad and a dickhead of an owner are all going to put him off

There's going to be much better offers for him to consider. I'm more worried about the Liverpool job tbh.
This with cow bells on.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
They may have come to the conclusion that the last Brighton manager they employed didn’t do so badly after all.
I don’t think Sanchez would be having a long career there though!
on a more serious note, I think RDZ’s name will be connected with any major club now (although I don’t like to admit it Chelsea are a big club) - it’s a price of out success.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Roberto would sort them out and would relish the challenge. If they came calling you can bet your life he'd be interested
Quite the opposite. RDZ follows his heart when it comes to job opportunities, not is wallet.

Only a rotten, blackened and cold heart would aspire to manage Chelsea. That’s not the hot, passionate Ferrari-Red thumping heart of our wonderful De Zerbi.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Quite the opposite. RDZ follows his heart when it comes to job opportunities, not is wallet.

Only a rotten, blackened and cold heart would aspire to manage Chelsea. That’s not the hot, passionate Ferrari-Red thumping heart of our wonderful De Zerbi.
Lol. I'm not so sure.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It astounds me why anyone worries about a future which is no more than just one of many possibilities.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would imagine he’s in the top three favourites for any of the top jobs on the betting markets.

A reminder the betting markets know f*** all about this.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
RDZ could definitely sort the chavs out. No doubt. He also has balls big enough to do it. I dont think he would go for the salary, but the challenge could tempt him.

I hope not, of course, but I wouldn't bet against it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hear me out in this, RDZ is an incredible coach and if players are willing to work with him I really think he could coach any team in the world and be bloody good at it.

But I do think at times he can be quite naive tactically, this season away from home we’ve thrown the game away early in several games just by refusing to slightly alter our style, I can think of 3 just if the top of my head Villa, Chelsea, Luton where we’ve been very naive early in games away from home, makes me wonder if a club who will be ‘expected’ to win every week would take the gamble?

I suspect he will end up at one of the big Italian teams myself

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I genuinely think RDZ is too smart to go to Chelsea, and realises he doesn't need to risk it. With Potter, I'm not sure when he was going to get another chance at a Big 6 job. I think he knew he had a window where his stock was high, and he took his chance, as I would have done. He's now financially set for life and with no major dent in his reputation. But RDZ can have his pick of big jobs across Europe over the next few years, and that was never going to be the case for Potter. It would be a big mistake for him to go to Chelsea, where as I don't think it was for Potter.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
At the fans forum, De Zerbi was asked if he'd ever want to manage Brescia (the team he supports) - and he said no, because I don't like the owner. Pretty sure that would be his response if Chelsea called.

Screenshot_20240207-105328~2.png

He'll be interested, not saying he'd take it but he would listen if they came calling. Roberto is probably 1 of the best coaches Chelsea need to sort out the egos and dick heads!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
When a top club in Italy who are not quite firing on all cylinders come knocking he will see the challenge and will depart. AC Milan anyone?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm very sceptical about stories suggesting they can't afford to sack poch. They will find a way around it if they really want him out!
Indeed, I believe Poch has just received an email from the Yanks giving him their full support - so he'll be gone within the week!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here