Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

De Zerbi expects Mac Allister and Caicedo to leave [BBC]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi expects midfielders Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo to both leave the club in the summer.

More...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The longer this goes on I'm just starting to have the feeling that Chelsea will baulk this time over what Tony wants for Caicedo, and that he just might end up staying this summer for at least another year. If Arsenal get Rice I can't see them going for Moises as well due to cost, leaving only Chelsea and possibly Man Utd as alternatives.

I know there has been specualtion that terms have been agreed with the player on social media, but unless Tony gets the deal that suits him (probably £90m in reality or £60m odd plus a player in return) I just have an inkling he may not move at all. With Man Utd and their ownership issues delaying them getting involved much in the market place, I'm personally hoping we get 1 more year out of him.

Or is this just wishful thinking?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
The longer this goes on I'm just starting to have the feeling that Chelsea will baulk this time over what Tony wants for Caicedo, and that he just might end up staying this summer for at least another year. If Arsenal get Rice I can't see them going for Moises as well due to cost, leaving only Chelsea and possibly Man Utd as alternatives.

I know there has been specualtion that terms have been agreed with the player on social media, but unless Tony gets the deal that suits him (probably £90m in reality or £60m odd plus a player in return) I just have an inkling he may not move at all. With Man Utd and their ownership issues delaying them getting involved much in the market place, I'm personally hoping we get 1 more year out of him.

Or is this just wishful thinking?
My worry in this situation is that he’d down tools tbh. I think we got the end of the season out of him because we promised to let him go in the summer if we got a decent bid in.

If he doesn’t get yet another move because Tony pushed for more than clubs were willing to pay (as long as we are still talking being offered very reasonable money) then tbh if I were Caicedo I’d be pissed off, because he has held up his end of the bargain.

As it is I don’t see the club doing that. We are a club that honours stuff like that and I expect us to just be playing hard to get right now but will eventually strike a deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here