Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Cam - calmest manager in the PL

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His latest comment isn’t to good when asked ‘ can we get Europe ‘ ask Tony Bloom. Obviously very disappointed he didn’t get backed in the window.
That wasn’t the question though

‘Asked what European qualification could mean for his club's stature, the 43-year-old said on Saturday: "You have to ask this question of Tony [Bloom]. For sure we would like to try to arrive in the Europa League, but for the level of the club, it is not my problem.

"I don't know the politics of the club. I can't decide, no? I can decide the way in terms of quality of play, in terms of style of play, yes, the first 11, but the politics of the club, no."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
That wasn’t the question though

‘Asked what European qualification could mean for his club's stature, the 43-year-old said on Saturday: "You have to ask this question of Tony [Bloom]. For sure we would like to try to arrive in the Europa League, but for the level of the club, it is not my problem.

"I don't know the politics of the club. I can't decide, no? I can decide the way in terms of quality of play, in terms of style of play, yes, the first 11, but the politics of the club, no."
Maybe he didn't fully understand the question (stature?🤔), or... he's quite good at answering a different question if he wants.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Well I'm not happy! Having only recently recovered from the Hughton era and his constant excesses in and around the area we now have De Zerbi! I get that you have to set an example etc and be seen to keep your head and stay cool when everyone else is losing their shit but this guy is the polar opposite of Hughton. Does he even have an emotional bone In his body?!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
His latest comment isn’t to good when asked ‘ can we get Europe ‘ ask Tony Bloom. Obviously very disappointed he didn’t get backed in the window.
This is your own fabricated narrative and added embellishment to a ‘non-story’ bouncing around on-line rags (again for click bait) trying to create controversy where there is none - but what I don’t understand is why you would want to continue to suggest the Club is not supporting RDZ?

The question in the story is ‘what qualifying for Europe would mean for the Club’s stature’ ? ( my emphasis) The ‘stature’ (in common parlance) to me, is question about Brighton’s overall identity, development and aspirations as a Club which depends on where the Chairman wants to take us (including how much more of his OWN money he invests on making the squad deeper etc and/or how we comply with UEFA rules if relevant to his USG ownership). The ’stature’ of the club, RDZ is not qualified to talk about, the team he is qualified to talk about, so he rightly refers the question back to TB and goes on to say: “I can decide the way in terms of quality of play, in terms of style of play, yes, the first 11, but the politics of the club, no.”

Btw - We tried to get Matviyenko at RDZs and Monaco’s recommendation but SD weren’t keen to let him go and were trying to fleece us - we went back with an increased offer which they still didn’t accept and he was therefore outside our transfer parameters which I’m sure RDZ understood.That wasnt about TB not supporting RDZ it was about TB practicing the business strategy he’s employed to date to get us where we are today.

However, we did get to keep Moises and I don’t know how anyone could construe Brighton digging their heels in and refusing to sell him was anything less than TB/PB supporting the work RDZ is doing (very successfully as we can all agree) with his team.

It’s simply wrong to keep posting suggestions that TB/PB are not supporting their Head Coach - because if nothing else, that would be really bad business.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Think this is the one of the best goal celebrations I’ve seen from the dugout - RDZ didn’t need a history lesson to know how valuable taking the points was on this one.

I’ll be honest. I think I was more or less exactly the same watching it on a very dodgy stream in The Lakes. Quite alarmed the friends who accompanied me.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Think this is the one of the best goal celebrations I’ve seen from the dugout - RDZ didn’t need a history lesson to know how valuable taking the points was on this one.

De Zerbi cam is fantastic - I hope the media team keeps doing it. I loved Mac, in his civvies, being visited by the gaffer. I wonder what was said; a teachable moment I expect?

Also a glimpse of Ben from Royal Blood, and quite a few LJFs of course!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As an aside, what a boring part of the crowd to be in by looks of. More pulse in a bag of lentils. Come on WSL, make some noise!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As an aside, what a boring part of the crowd to be in by looks of. More pulse in a bag of lentils. Come on WSL, make some noise!
To be fair, even the North stand was a bit of a morgue on Saturday (until Mitoma-time!).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To be fair, even the North stand was a bit of a morgue on Saturday (until Mitoma-time!).
It looks intimidating to even start a song. I did get daggers and people turning round when I did similarly in 1901 once. Went back to my traditional NS nest following week :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A few Japanese in that crowd. Liked the guy with the BHA scarf and hat. They are off course welcome.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
A 'De Zerbi loses the plot' thread, as we had with Potter & Houghton would be magnificent. It wouldn't be an ironic thread this time. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here