Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day passes for the Paralympics

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Having difficulty in getting any day passes/tickets for any event this week as apparently everything is sold out despite the empty seats in evidence on Saturday night (athletics) Any suggestions?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not sure the empty seats in places like the Excel are because tickets cover multiple events. Has looked full up until the end when people start driffting off after the big events.

Unless you want to download similar software they use, you need to follow

2012 TicketAlert (2012TicketAlert) on Twitter

Ive found you need to be logged into you olymoic account, do not let it lapse and click on the link within 30 seconds to get them in your basket, then you are only up agaisnt anyone who has managed the same. Good Luck - site is free and loads are released returned through out the day and night (lots of people get them post midnight as less are trying).

2012TicketAlert FAQ

Once you get into the Olympic Park, you might find that there are a few events tickets available on a Pay On The Gate basis. Not at all events, but at some.

Even if you only get Olympic Park admission, it's well worth going.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
My boss went online on Thursday and managed to pick up two tickets for yesterday (2nd row from the front next to the flame - bloomin hot there apparently) - the secret is just to keep going on line apparently ....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My boss went online on Thursday and managed to pick up two tickets for yesterday (2nd row from the front next to the flame - bloomin hot there apparently) - the secret is just to keep going on line apparently ....

However this free site lets you know within seconds when any ticket(s) become avalible, so hopefully increases your chances. However I did bag my olympic stadium tickets by pure repition one Tuesday afternoon.

2012 TicketAlert (2012TicketAlert) on Twitter

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
It does seem a bit random. I went to the Athletics on Saturday morning and it was a real struggle to get any tickets online for any event on any day, I used the 2012TicketAlert on Twitter to let me know when any tickets became available, but even so it took me several days of trying to get anything. Yet on Saturday morning the stadium clearly wasn't sold out but perhaps because the tickets were relatively cheap people bought them on the off-chance but weren't committed to definitely going?

I've also go tickets for Goalball tomorrow and that includes a Day Pass but doesn't give access to all the other venues in the Park - it only gives access to the Riverbank Arena (5-a-side football) and Eton Manor (wheelchair tennis) although I think there are probably different categories of Day Passes which give access to different venues. On Saturday as we were walking round the Park after the Athletics there were plenty of electronic signs and Games Makers with megaphones advising whether there was room at particular venues for Day Passes although in most cases the advice was that the venues were already full so even having a Day Pass doesn't seem to guarantee you will get in to a venue and only guarantees you entry to the Park itself!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
It does seem a bit random. I went to the Athletics on Saturday morning and it was a real struggle to get any tickets online for any event on any day, I used the 2012TicketAlert on Twitter to let me know when any tickets became available, but even so it took me several days of trying to get anything. Yet on Saturday morning the stadium clearly wasn't sold out but perhaps because the tickets were relatively cheap people bought them on the off-chance but weren't committed to definitely going?

I've also go tickets for Goalball tomorrow and that includes a Day Pass but doesn't give access to all the other venues in the Park - it only gives access to the Riverbank Arena (5-a-side football) and Eton Manor (wheelchair tennis) although I think there are probably different categories of Day Passes which give access to different venues. On Saturday as we were walking round the Park after the Athletics there were plenty of electronic signs and Games Makers with megaphones advising whether there was room at particular venues for Day Passes although in most cases the advice was that the venues were already full so even having a Day Pass doesn't seem to guarantee you will get in to a venue and only guarantees you entry to the Park itself!

That's the unfortunate downside of offering cheap tickets. People aren't as incentivised to actually attend.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
fwiw, yesterday at the Olympic Park, I saw a few electronic signs up saying 'day pass - seats available' with reference to specific venues - Copper Box (for goalball) included but can't remember which others. So if you have a day pass (as opposed to a ticket for specific event on the site, eg cycling at Velodrome), there seem to be plenty of options.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tickets for Excel eve sessions have just become available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here