Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 6 and still no replacement manager

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
SIX DAYS! I know there was Christmas but that surely has to be the longest anyone has EVER been without a manager. I demand action, as a hard working middle class fan. The delay is unacceptable! If Brighton United do not get into the Premiership by next season I will be lobbying my MP at the Yacht club I can tell you!

Just get Pulis or someone in Tony. Don't drag you're heels. Palace getting a manager in before would only prove why they are in the premier league and we are on the verge of league 1. They are more decisive. All that due diligence you did in the summer was a waste of time wasn't it. What did you hear about Hyypia? Football people said he is a nice guy, poor tactics, can stop a losing run, can't motivate, does what he is told? Get someone in!

This due diligence works both ways I imagine every potential manager is on the blower to Poyet, Garcia and Hyypia asking why they left and what are the chairman Chief Executive like to work for, the playing budget etc etc.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
this if true would be pretty huge........ assuming either WBA or Leicester haven't pulled the trigger by then.

Would he be signed or would Pulis be letting every other club know, this is your last chance saloon to come and get me?

A Stephen Ward scenario, Pulis on the way down to sign, diverts to sign for Palace, Leicester, or WBA who agree to double whatever amount TB has negotiated Pulis down to? This will happen in 6 weeks time, after NJ has failed to win a game and we are 15 points from safety.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
whilst I agree that we need someone as soon as possible and the suits have said the same they also know that the last appointment was a mistake and and the pressure is on to get it right....however I cant help thinking that a couple more games and see how NJ does to see if they can stick with him and save money will be the best option at the moment.

Would be a terrible option IMHO. The board have said they want a manager who has experience of managing in the Championship. Why, then, would they stall to give NJ (a man who fails to meet their own criteria) a look in?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would be a terrible option IMHO. The board have said they want a manager who has experience of managing in the Championship. Why, then, would they stall to give NJ (a man who fails to meet their own criteria) a look in?

Indeed, NJ the worst of all options (closely followed by Sherwood). Why wait 2 more weeks "to see how Jones does" what a waste of time ... Xfer time as well.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Would like to see us get it sorted now to be honest, the summer put me off this due diligence we keep using. get it done, get it dusted and get the players in we need to get out of this mess is the way we should be going now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would like to see us get it sorted now to be honest, the summer put me off this due diligence we keep using. get it done, get it dusted and get the players in we need to get out of this mess is the way we should be going now.

... is the correct answer...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Great idea. Pick anyone off the street, don't bother with all this interview rubbish and give them an open cheque book. I know who will be the first to complain when this top plan fails.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great idea. Pick anyone off the street, don't bother with all this interview rubbish and give them an open cheque book. I know who will be the first to complain when this top plan fails.

Starting to look a couple of days after your totally clueless manager has quit even though the powers that be wanted him to stay is not a great policy either. If Bloom and co didn't see this scenario coming and make plans for it it is just as bad as rushing to appoint someone surely?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Me thinks somebody is trying to disagree for the sake of it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Did Pearson personally negotiate the fee for Ulloa ? Seems a little unusual ?

I like the way that Leicester played last season, a fast paced attacking style, which was entertaining to watch. I pay little or no attention to how managers perform at interview, provided they don't make complete arses of themselves.

Pray tell us which Managers you have interviewed so far :)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Starting to look a couple of days after your totally clueless manager has quit even though the powers that be wanted him to stay is not a great policy either. If Bloom and co didn't see this scenario coming and make plans for it it is just as bad as rushing to appoint someone surely?

They should've started planning for this day weeks ago.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

NJ is now a manager who has experience of managing in the Championship - it will be 2 games after tomorrow

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Argus says a straight fight between Pulis and Hughton but complicated by vacancies at Palace and possibly soon at WBA. With Hughton poised for Palace.

It is obvious Pulis is the preferred choice hence Burke being sacked David Kemp is his long time no 2 so a reverting back to first team coach or U21s manager fo NJ or P45.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The Argus says a straight fight between Pulis and Hughton but complicated by vacancies at Palace and possibly soon at WBA. With Hughton poised for Palace.

It is obvious Pulis is the preferred choice hence Burke being sacked David Kemp is his long time no 2 so a reverting back to first team coach or U21s manager fo NJ or P45.

No way will Hughton go to Palace

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Wel it worked for man united with moyes didn't it. Ohh

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

And you believe that??? If they were really in the position to give Pulis the job they would have announced it surely - why wait ?? Pulis and Hughton won't be fighting it out, we might be trying to get them but its up to them if they come.

Sure Pulis might be interested in WBA but as they haven't sacked Irvine yet they might not even consider him. Sure I can see Hughton at Palace but I can also see Pulis there also if the rift isn't as great as has been suggested.

And I think Pulis worked with a Director of football at Stoke so unless Pulis objected to Burke that wasn't necessarily a problem. Pulis had John Rudge, Gerry Francis and Peter Reid working with him, I don't think Pulis was the only person buying players either, Stoke had a team identifying players and tracking them well before he left.

Why get rid of Burke before the manager joins too they could have easily waited till one was appointed and told him the new manager didn't want him then. If Burke left because they had someone already lined up, perhaps that person is already on board and thats not Pulis then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here