Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
ABC of Boogie Woogie - Jools Holland and Charlie Watts

As someone with very low IQ (instrumental quotient) I’m not sure how I can answer this challenge. There’s the Deep Purple rift mentioned yesterday, some rather stilted Simon and Garfunkel numbers on the recorder and… well, actually that’s it.

But I’ve always loved the piano. On a practical front you don’t need to tune it like a guitar. But mainly it makes the most beautiful noises from the simplicity of Imagine to the complexity of a classic Rachmaninov piano concerto. But it’s a riproaring boogie woogie session that tickles the ivories for me. I first heard classic boogie woogie recordings in a friend’s flat over 20 years ago and fell in love straightaway with the exuberance.

One of my piano heroes is Jules Holland. And I guess you could choose so many numbers from his Big Band era or from Squeeze but it’s a bit of boogie woogie for me from Later…I would so love to be able to play this.

Original post: Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play: ABC of Boogie Woogie - Jools Holland and Charlie Watts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports