Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
The Redeemer's Song - Keith Green

As this has recently been done on NSC If you could choose 1 song to be played at your funeral....... everybody else will have their answer ready, I guess.

I struggled with this. Allegedly the most popular song played at funerals (if popular is the right word) is Frank Sinatra’s My Way according to a recent article in the Metro newspaper. Wrapped up in that rather macabre chart ironically are of two of my choices from earlier in the challenge – Eva Cassidy’s Over the Rainbow and Celine Dione’s Titanic song. Neither would feature for me here! Add to that list Unforgettable and You’ll Never Walk Alone and it’s all a fair emotion fest. If you want to go classical then clearly its Nimrod followed by Pie Jesu.

But even more than the wedding challenge I found this one difficult not just because of the macabre but it also seems a little presumptuous to select a song to mark your passing, and who am I to say I deserve My Way? On the recent NSC thread – Ding Dong the Witch is Dead (from the Wizard of Oz in case you need to ask!), Another One Bites the Dust and of course Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.

On the basis I don’t feel I can choose one about me I’ll resort to a favourite hymn, albeit a modern one, Keith Green’s There is A Redeemer. And if I really wanted to get a reaction (not that I'd care?) - Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here