Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
So What by Miles Davis

In the same way I struggled to be specific about music for feeling angry and happy, I certainly can’t claim particular music for sadness. So instead I’ll go for pensive and wistful.

In which case, then my number one choice for p&w is the classic jazz album, A Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. Sometimes certain music blows you away by its uniqueness introducing you to a new world. A Kind of Blue was one of those moments. I borrowed it from Birmingham library one day and never looked back. I wouldn’t claim to be a jazz aficionado so won’t have a wide range to compare it with, but this music is magical. Twenty five years on and the track that opens, So What, is still what I listen to when I want to begin being pensive and/ or wistful.

Think on…

Original post: Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad: So What by Miles Davis

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Moon in June by Soft Machine, the Live at the BBC version from 1970 is for some reason almost unbearably redolent of nostalgia and loss, perhaps it is because I am a sucker for Robert Wyatt's vocal style but no other song moves me quite like this one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports