Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dawn raids and arrests ahead of today's game

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do not condone the dust up at Euston or any pub fight anywhere at any time whether football related or not but it does amaze me the priorities of the police in the UK. A police investigation involving many police officers resulting in a dawn raid for such a small matter compared to say frauds against vulnerable people. But such matters take years for the police and often much chasing before the police even consider taking action. The police like the NHS or us as individuals have scarce resources and almost unlimited wants. They therefore must make a valued judgment on what to do with their resources and this for me is not how I would use police resources.

I agree but it maybe the making these arrests this morning may save more time and money later on at the actual game .At least this may be the theory. If they can nips things in the bud and take preventative action then money can be saved on mass arrests later.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I do not condone the dust up at Euston or any pub fight anywhere at any time whether football related or not but it does amaze me the priorities of the police in the UK. A police investigation involving many police officers resulting in a dawn raid for such a small matter compared to say frauds against vulnerable people. But such matters take years for the police and often much chasing before the police even consider taking action. The police like the NHS or us as individuals have scarce resources and almost unlimited wants. They therefore must make a valued judgment on what to do with their resources and this for me is not how I would use police resources.

one of the joys of living in a country like this is that no criminals can relax at night without the fear that one day there might be a tap on the door by the police - rapists, paedophiles, murderers, etc should never be able to think they've got away with it, however long it takes to catch them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here