Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy propper

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not as big a fan as some on this board but tonight he looked a different player. Really loved his raking passes which I honestly don't think he has done before. Very good performance BUT should have got both the header and shot on target as a minimum.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If you want to know if an Albion fan has any idea about football just ask them what they think of Propper.

If they’re in the group who’ve always realised he’s a class act they probably know what they’re talking about, if they don’t rate him you can easily ignore their opinion on just about everything else as they don’t understand the sport. I’ve used the rule on here for a while.

Spot on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I find this incredible. You honestly haven’t noticed the guy’s passing is quite good? Have you seen him at all in the last 18 months?

I saw 30+ games last season and 13 games this season and can't remember him playing 40-50 yard passes that he did today, maybe he did and they didn't come off. Tonight IMO his passing was the best I have seen him play.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not sure I agree. It might be 90% approval tonight after a fantastic game for DP against Arsenal, but generally it’s much closer to a 50/50 split in my opinion. Most of the thickos who don’t rate him can’t get over the fact he doesn’t go steaming into tackles or hack players down just to show he’s “giving 100%”.

Spot on. He makes it look too easy. Total class

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Very good game. I just wish he could finish, how on earth did he score twice for Holland shortly after joining us? :mad:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant today and MoM. Consistency is the key with a lot of our players. Bernardo went from brilliant to a liability in seconds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surprised nobody’s started a thread on him today?. Personally I thought he was excellent. Use of the ball was superb sharp in the tackle and got forward into the box just lacked the final touch for his first goal. A really thorough all round performance.

Quite. But some will still find fault. They need to give their head a wobble.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've been a big and vocal critic of Davy Propper this season, with much justification in my mind, but today he was superb. That was his best Brighton performance by a long way. Long may it continue. It was arguably one of Stephen's best premier league shows as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if you want to know if an albion fan has any idea about football just ask them what they think of propper.

If they’re in the group who’ve always realised he’s a class act they probably know what they’re talking about, if they don’t rate him you can easily ignore their opinion on just about everything else as they don’t understand the sport. I’ve used the rule on here for a while.

t h i s

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
If you want to know if an Albion fan has any idea about football just ask them what they think of Propper.

Ha. I use this exact rule. He's a Rolls Royce midfielder . Oozes class.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Stephens was great today but wouldn't be in my starting lineup. Regularly slows down play, passes backwards or sideways, gives the ball away or gives away stupid fouls in dangerous places. Showed today however what he can do when he looks up but Bissouma will overtake him by the end of the season IMO
Wtf, he was pinging the ball forward beautifully today even noted by Arsenal fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spot on. He makes it look too easy. Total class
Which is probably his downfall in some people's eyes.
Plus the fact he was shite against City...

...in his first game.
I find this incredible. You honestly haven’t noticed the guy’s passing is quite good? Have you seen him at all in the last 18 months?
I haven't seen him kick anyone up in the air, over the last 18 months. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here