Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davies

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he'll come good, probably not gonna get many more chances this season though with Murray and Forster back and Owusu looking like a good old fashioned centre forward.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
good ability but lacks confidence when faced with goal. He needs to sort it out.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Craig Davies needs our support right now, not our criticism. It's not easy moving to a new team, having the manager sacked, a whole new team of players around you. He's not settled yet, don't judge him yet. I know we need more from him and he's missing sitters, but don't get on his back, it won't help the man. He's going to be an asset for us, in time.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Craig Davies needs our support right now, not our criticism. It's not easy moving to a new team, having the manager sacked, a whole new team of players around you. He's not settled yet, don't judge him yet. I know we need more from him and he's missing sitters, but don't get on his back, it won't help the man. He's going to be an asset for us, in time.

ninja, where are these wise words coming from tonight? you been meditating at the withdean?! i think davies is trying too hard and should reduce the headless-chicken thing. he is seriously lacking in composure but i still feel he will come good and has some great attributes.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Don't forget the fee was undisclosed.

Now we know why

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
ninja, where are these wise words coming from tonight? you been meditating at the withdean?! i think davies is trying too hard and should reduce the headless-chicken thing. he is seriously lacking in composure but i still feel he will come good and has some great attributes.

I'm blushing. :blush:

To quote Micky, "he needs a hug". And he needs a break. But he will score goals for us, and he'll play a big part in next season for us. Don't be too hard on him, people. He is only human afterall and he's trying so hard, and showing so much passion for the team, you have to all like that, surely?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will always question the aptitude of anyone who has to have their own name tattooed in large letters on their arm.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not sure about Davies, but for me the weakest link in team tonight was Jarrett. I'm rarely one for singling out or giving grief to players, but it just seemed every time he got the ball tonight, he gave it away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure about Davies, but for me the weakest link in team tonight was Jarrett. I'm rarely one for singling out or giving grief to players, but it just seemed every time he got the ball tonight, he gave it away.

You could pick a few who did this. New manager, new players, same old Albion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

He appears to have a slow footballing mind, Jarrett. Which is a real problem. He can play some killer passes (the cross for the Virgo goal at Millwall), but he's too blinkered for my liking, he doesn't seem to have good awareness of what's around him. He gets the ball, and doesn't know who is in space. Or maybe he's just off form at the moment.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

true, he was as poor at orient i thought. he does well to get the ball from the opposition but then he loses it because he keeps hold of it too long: either because the others aren't giving him an option or because he doesn't know what to do with it? at first i thought he looked good but i've gone off him big time!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Make you right there. I was pleased with his first few appearances, and thought we had a skillful central midfielder when he first arrived, but recently he has been poor to say the least. Tonight he was utter shite.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Think he played really well in the 2nd half, was linking the play, holding up the ball, bringing Cox into the game. Admittedly not the best in front of goal but feal that he was really getting into the game and was about to create a few more chances for us and then taken off. If anything Owusu was very poor in the 2nd half and made us play so one dimentional, i mean even our throw-ins were all going to him and were easily defendable, when Davies made a bit of movement for them he got the ball, held it up, layed it back and we actually kept the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here