Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davide Frattesi

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know he's been mentioned on the potential future signings thread, but let's give him his own (No - I don't know anything at all).

23-year-old midfielder who plays for Sassuolo and Italy.

On Frattesi there is the pressing of Maurizio Sarri: in case of farewell to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (on which there is Juve), Frattesi is the first name asked by the coach for the midfield of his Lazio. Ditto Napoli, where he likes in case of departure of Piotr Zielinski (even if Lazar Samardzic of Udinese seems to be in the lead). Roma would be a return to the past and the arrival of Houssem Aouar seems to have closed the Giallorossi hypothesis but also watch out for Roberto De Zerbi: the former Sassuolo coach could in fact aim for the midfielder precisely to replace Alexis MacAllister destined for Liverpool for his Brighton.​

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Question is if we sign him where does that leave us with regards to the glut of central midfielders we have. we must replace caicedo if he goes, thought out of the two mac would be the one we replaced internally. already signed one pretty much, bring in frattesi and we’ll still need a caicedo replacement if he goes as we don’t have another ball winner, bring in three new CMs and suddenly it’s not looking good for moder and alzate

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It seems like we have 20 midfielders lined up to replace MacAllister, but none to replace Caicedo. That's because he's irreplaceable
So next year we will be playing four, two, nought, twenty three, two.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Question is if we sign him where does that leave us with regards to the glut of central midfielders we have. we must replace caicedo if he goes, thought out of the two mac would be the one we replaced internally. already signed one pretty much, bring in frattesi and we’ll still need a caicedo replacement if he goes as we don’t have another ball winner, bring in three new CMs and suddenly it’s not looking good for moder and alzate
Frattesi is a ball winner. Not like Caicedo, but he tackles a lot, he's a physical player. A combative box to boxer. He plays in the pivot with Lopez who is much less physical, and although Sassuoulo's style has changed since RDZ left, it's similar.
With Moises and Mac going we need at least 2 new midfielders. We have no idea what will happen with Alzate. No idea when Moder will be back. Gross is another year older and almost all our other midfield players (here and on loan) are attacking.
We also don't really know much about Dahoud right now. He might just be here to add numbers. I've certainly got no idea if he's good enough to be a starter.
I don't think you can replace Caicedo directly. And I don't actually think that would worry RDZ but he will want two excellent CMs. Frattesi has the potential to become an elite footballer. Most genuine destructive DMs don't have the skillset RDZ requires, so two CMs that can tackle a bit, press and work hard, and are excellent on the ball is likely to be what we see next season if our two wonderkids leave.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It seems like we have 20 midfielders lined up to replace MacAllister, but none to replace Caicedo. That's because he's irreplaceable
Yes, but we still need a player with some of his skill set. The ‘destroyer’ bit makes our team so much better when he is in the centre of midfield. So perhaps a player like this could do a job:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Frattesi is a ball winner. Not like Caicedo, but he tackles a lot, he's a physical player. A combative box to boxer. He plays in the pivot with Lopez who is much less physical, and although Sassuoulo's style has changed since RDZ left, it's similar.
With Moises and Mac going we need at least 2 new midfielders. We have no idea what will happen with Alzate. No idea when Moder will be back. Gross is another year older and almost all our other midfield players (here and on loan) are attacking.
We also don't really know much about Dahoud right now. He might just be here to add numbers. I've certainly got no idea if he's good enough to be a starter.
I don't think you can replace Caicedo directly. And I don't actually think that would worry RDZ but he will want two excellent CMs. Frattesi has the potential to become an elite footballer. Most genuine destructive DMs don't have the skillset RDZ requires, so two CMs that can tackle a bit, press and work hard, and are excellent on the ball is likely to be what we see next season if our two wonderkids leave.
nah still need a bit more of a destroyer in there imo. that’s not caicedo profile at all, but one aspect of his game, and the aspect i’ll miss most. he gets 4.45 tackles and interceptions per game compared to frattesi’s 2.46

i’m not saying frattesi is a bad player, far from it, but our midfield got bashed around against everton and it got bashed around last night while caicedo was a right back so we will need someone to replace the solidity he offers. frattesi strikes me more as playing the 8 role next door, focused on getting the ball up the pitch

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I though Kante was very much in the Makelele DM mould?
Perhaps the best DM in the world still but for whatever reason, Chelsea have played in a more advanced CM role in over half his games for them.

I’m not sure he’d be thrilled to inherit the ban RDZ has on Caicedo from going into the opposition’s penalty area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here