David Stockdale

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 19.21.16.png

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Don't understand why we wouldn't offer him 2 years. Even if he didn't cut it next year we would be able to sell him for a decent fee.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't understand why we wouldn't offer him 2 years. Even if he didn't cut it next year we would be able to sell him for a decent fee.
Probably have but he's waiting for better offers more than likely.Im not fussed either way and would happily take westwood from Sheffield Wednesday:D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
it will all be decided by £££££££

Exactly. Let's remember agents are stirrers due also to their £££ cut.

When the Albion offer Stockdale triple his wages (average PL wages are 4 times those of the Championship to benchmark), he will stay with his Albion mates.

If Leeds stay down, they wouldn't be able to compete with that.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Probably have but he's waiting for better offers more than likely.Im not fussed either way and would happily take westwood from Sheffield Wednesday:D

Westwood's a good keeper but I think Stocko is better. Anyway, why would we turn down a 'free' signing in favour of a huge transfer fee to Wednesday? And that's assuming they don't go up themselves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Westwood's a good keeper but I think Stocko is better. Anyway, why would we turn down a 'free' signing in favour of a huge transfer fee to Wednesday? And that's assuming they don't go up themselves.

Not turning down a free signing but if he wont sign a new contract we would have to get a replacement if Maenpaa also doesnt sign a new contract.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Not turning down a free signing but if he wont sign a new contract we would have to get a replacement if Maenpaa also doesnt sign a new contract.

Yes - obviously we can't force Stocko to sign a new contract. But I hope (and think) he will. The previous poster seemed to be suggesting we shouldn't worry about trying to seal the deal because we could buy another goalkeeper. Which is true, but let's keep the excellent one we've already got.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True and the same with Stephens. It would be idiotic to let a quality player go over wages for free, then pay huge unnecessary transfer fees out of a limited budget to replace him.

Best to ignore TalkSport lies. You can only rely on the broadsheets, but it's less interesting because true transfer news is infrequent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here