Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How fickle are our fans? I also find it funny that hardly anyone seemed to blame him for the Blackpool goal last week. Now, everyone says he's at fault for that too because he made an error today.

Play well, get the plaudits, cost us the game take the brickbats. How hard is that to understand, very for you it appears. If yesterday was the first time Stockdale had had a mare you might have reason to go around abusing those that criticised him.

This thread is proof that the fans want to get behind him, shame he let himself down again yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Coming from the poster that still thinks CMS is a good footballer.

Priceless.
Brilliant.

That's a fabulous connection you've made there.
Irrespective of the fact I haven't commented on this thread, or other threads specifically about Stockdale (I blame all of them)

But please don't let that stop you from mentioning CMS :shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Play well, get the plaudits, cost us the game take the brickbats. How hard is that to understand, very for you it appears. If yesterday was the first time Stockdale had had a mare you might have reason to go around abusing those that criticised him.

This thread is proof that the fans want to get behind him, shame he let himself down again yesterday.

If that were true, then fair enough but it's based on popularity. People have decided they don't rare Stockdale so will give him stick for one error whereas someone like Dunk can make a number of errors and still get support.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Nonsense - for some reason certain players just become the target of Albion fans - Stockdale, Barnes, JFC etc. Yet other players such as CMS, who in my opinion has been dreadful for a long time appear Teflon coated and still gets songs sung about him when warming up and never gets the abuse Stockdale does. Albion fans just need a scapegoat - virtually no posts on here criticizing Teixeira for the costly challenge or missing a one on one, the defence for allowing the header and three goals, Bennett for his crossing, Greer and Dunk for costly misses etc. The list goes on. Stockdale is neither the Messiah or a "turd" (or indeed a very naughty boy).

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Such a disappointment this season. I thought he would be a great signing. Even in the games where other fans have claimed he had a blinder I thought he looked dodgy. Get Walton in.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nonsense - for some reason certain players just become the target of Albion fans - Stockdale, Barnes, JFC etc. Yet other players such as CMS, who in my opinion has been dreadful for a long time appear Teflon coated and still gets songs sung about him when warming up and never gets the abuse Stockdale does. Albion fans just need a scapegoat - virtually no posts on here criticizing Teixeira for the costly challenge or missing a one on one, the defence for allowing the header and three goals, Bennett for his crossing, Greer and Dunk for costly misses etc. The list goes on. Stockdale is neither the Messiah or a "turd" (or indeed a very naughty boy).

Well said Sir :thumbsup:

My only 'goal' criticism would be on the first where he might have been more decisive and cleared out defenders/attackers en mass with an assertive punch but no chance with the other two and some diabolical defending.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Absolutely this. Badly let down by the defence yesterday. And against Arsenal. And Ipswich........etc

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am only talking for myself so it's certainly not nonsense. Stockdale had won me over after early season doubts but that first goal yesterday was a massive cock up and I don't understand why anyone would defend such a dreadful error. CMS I finally lost faith with earlier this season. JFC I'm not a big fan, but I don't abuse him on here or at games. Barnes is exactly the type of player this team is missing, he was a winner, we don't have many of those these days.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Brighton's 'solid' defence is leaking goals for fun right now, and poor, easily avoidable ones at that. Others need to have a strong word with themselves.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I am only talking for myself so it's certainly not nonsense. Stockdale had won me over after early season doubts but that first goal yesterday was a massive cock up and I don't understand why anyone would defend such a dreadful error. CMS I finally lost faith with earlier this season. JFC I'm not a big fan, but I don't abuse him on here or at games. Barnes is exactly the type of player this team is missing, he was a winner, we don't have many of those these days.

Agree with that but my point is that the reaction to one mistake has to be proportionate. I don't think anyone is saying he didn't make a massive error for the first goal but if you (or others) are calling for him to be dropped after a run of excellent performances based on one mistake then you also need to drop Greer, Dunk, Teixeira, Best, Bruno, Calderon and Bennett at least for the next game. We can agree to disagree on his merits or otherwise and, who knows, maybe Walton will turn out to be a better keeper, but I hate the scapegoating of players that happens every time we lose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with that but my point is that the reaction to one mistake has to be proportionate. I don't think anyone is saying he didn't make a massive error for the first goal but if you (or others) are calling for him to be dropped after a run of excellent performances based on one mistake then you also need to drop Greer, Dunk, Teixeira, Best, Bruno, Calderon and Bennett at least for the next game. We can agree to disagree on his merits or otherwise and, who knows, maybe Walton will turn out to be a better keeper, but I hate the scapegoating of players that happens every time we lose.
:thumbsup:

One just didn't feel enough.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Stockdale played well away at Charlton and Fulham. It seems that home form is a problem with a few of our players.
A couple of good performances from Stockdale and we can resurrect the thread where posters were praising him.....hopefully that can not come soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here