Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Interesting, so you are able to confirm categorically that Ward isn't coming?

No but sooner the back 5 are playing together the better. We most likely will get the deal done but after haggling over a couple of grand. Surely sami job is made a lot easier if transfers are done early and he can concentrate on managing !!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Grabban couldn't match Bournemouth , ward we won't pay his wages. Any other players on hyypia list that we have failed to get.

No.

We refused to pay Grabban what he wanted, probably partly due to the fact that at the time, he'd had half a good season in the Championship despite being 26.

We are seemingly still negotiating with Ward, but didn't want to pay a left back 13k a week, and I'd say 99% of fans would agree.

There's a club about 40 miles along the coast who did what you seem to want us to do, and look how that ended :facepalm:

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
No.

We refused to pay Grabban what he wanted, probably partly due to the fact that at the time, he'd had half a good season in the Championship despite being 26.

We are seemingly still negotiating with Ward, but didn't want to pay a left back 13k a week, and I'd say 99% of fans would agree.

There's a club about 40 miles along the coast who did what you seem to want us to do, and look how that ended :facepalm:

If 3k is going to put the club in to financial difficulty then the club is in a worst state than I thought.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Only 3k a week, is 150k a year, is 450k if its for a 3 year deal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If 3k is going to put the club in to financial difficulty then the club is in a worst state than I thought.

It isn't all about the extra £3k a week to one player , all the rest would expect a pay rise too when they're due a new deal.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

It's not just 3k a week though, it's the knock on effects. Others will want the same or even a higher wage, so can lead to the club paying higher wages overall and can also damage the atmosphere within the club.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011

Yeah £3k a week is a massive amount of money over the course of a 3 year contract, plus if you give it to one player they will all want it. Then the club would be in the state that you now think we are!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Taxi for Seagulls1984

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So using that basis we won't ever sign anyone again on wages higher than our current highest.
best ask someone in the know
Oh hang on thats about everybody on here
apart apparently from you and I
I know nothing of this do you

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The fact is we had a perfectly good enough gk but the club didnt want to pay him the wages ,trying to get someone cheaper.

Have we suddenly gone up a division then were he wants to play although nobody seems to be jumping up and down to get his signature why is that then.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Unless we don't want to sign anyone then the only reason we haven't is down to transfer fee or wage.

So basically you've just described any football club, ever.

Look, either come out and say HOW you know what the dealings are, or shut the **** up instead of trying to sound intellectual.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Yep, why not just give all players the extra 3k a week and save time haggling.

Thank the chuffing lord you aren't in charge of anything finance related at the club.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

What kind of state do you think it's in, then? ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yep, why not just give all players the extra 3k a week and save time haggling.

Thank the chuffing lord you aren't in charge of anything finance related at the club.

'Old on; this bloke won't 'aggle!

Won't 'aggle?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lets hope we spend it , I hope we do. But if we won't pay the wages it's irrelavent how much we have to spend !!

By 'we' do you mean Tony Bloom, who you appear to infer is a cad and a bounder for not sanctioning £20,000 a week signings, or are you referring to your own financial contribution to the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here