Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Silva "disrespects" the 96 and their families...?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
While I have every possible sympathy for the families and friends of the people who died at Hillsborough that day, I am genuinely puzzled why football authorities choose to commemorate those dead, but ignore those who died at Ibrox, Valley Parade, Heysel and in a bar in Turkey.

Perhaps it's time for the past to be left in the past and just let the clubs and people involved to mourn and remember.

Forcing people who have no connection to Liverpool to remember is just mawkish and over sentimentalisation.
I would have been supportive of the use of the Hillsborough anniversary to remember all those who have died at football matches.

The over-dramatic moving of all kick-off times was unnecessary.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What "justice" do they want?

The government has apologised and supporters have been absolved from all blame.

I don't think there are ever going to be criminal prosecutions, if that's the justice they are after.

Accurate inquests would be a start. It has been 'proved' that at up to half of the 96 were still alive 30 minutes after the incident and that ambulances were prevented from attending. Anne Williams has died now but fought for the inquests to tell the truth. The original inquests said that they had all died by 3.15.

This is why the inquests have finally been re-opened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-26935733

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What "justice" do they want?

The government has apologised and supporters have been absolved from all blame.

I don't think there are ever going to be criminal prosecutions, if that's the justice they are after.

Once the South Yorks Police corruption is fully revealed, and the orchestrators are named by an independent judge, that will do much to bring this to an end. There may never be the evidence to see it through to criminal convictions, and some of the liars may be dead by then, but in a democracy such as the UK, it's natural to see that wrongs such as this are eventually righted.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
While I have every possible sympathy for the families and friends of the people who died at Hillsborough that day, I am genuinely puzzled why football authorities choose to commemorate those dead, but ignore those who died at Ibrox, Valley Parade, Heysel and in a bar in Turkey.

Perhaps it's time for the past to be left in the past and just let the clubs and people involved to mourn and remember.

Forcing people who have no connection to Liverpool to remember is just mawkish and over sentimentalisation.

All who have died in relation to football should be remembered. What happened at Hillsborough is slightly different in that the state, and agents of the state, lied, misrepresented and twisted the facts to present a false agenda against not only those who died, but against their fellow supporters and football fans in general.

There are some dipsticks amongst Liverpool fans, and social media gives them more prominence than they deserve, but no more or less than at any other club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here