Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rodríguez Sánchez. Confirmed signing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Remember that Liam Bridcutt only came on a 3 or 4 month contract initially - and that worked out ok

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well we have enough Spanish speaking players to give him the best chance to settle so I am pretty confident.

I love that he has pace. Were desperate for that, and scores goals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why? So that in a years time if he hasn't settled and is not performing well you can blast Burke for signing him up on a long contract because now we have him eating up a chunk of wages we could be using on some player we desperately need? Why oh why did he not do the sensible thing and offer a short term contract?
We shouldn't be signing him at all if we haven't done enough research to think he's good enough. When we buy players for a few million, we don't buy them with a 4 month contract. If we think he's good enough, it's disappointing if the contract is only until summer (unless we have the option to extend). And I haven't ever criticised Burke & co for signing players on contracts that are too long.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Lets just hope these new signings get straight into the thick of it, rather than warming the bench

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
My guess is that the 4 months is to allow him to see if he and his family can settle in this country, a bit like Vicente's second year option. And if the player doesn't want to be here after May, let's hope Oscar handles the situation a LOT better than Poyet did with Vicente.

If I'd posted ten seconds beforehand, I'd have just said "THIS":

This is where someone like Calde is crucial. An all round good guy and Spanish Ambassador for the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
maybe he wants to play higher in the league and is using us as a shop window
Yes, that may be the case, and that is disappointing. I'm not saying that we should tell him to go **** himself, I'm saying that it's disappointing he's not signing a longer deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, that's a bit odd. BG re-posts every rumour he reads on anonymous and incorrect websites for years, but when a reliable source gives him this incredible rumour he waits until half of it come through to post

Lol exactly my thoughts!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But u said the rumour was if we signed Sanchez macca would go Charlton! So u knew the Sanchez rumour before it was in NSC, but didn't think to post it in here? Right o. I assume u got this from football rumours site as many have suggested, and you've not answered?!
No I didnt. I said that I was told earlier in the day that CMS was possibly going to Charlton later in the day I was told about a Spanish player coming in to replace him . That is what I posted not that CMS would go if we signed Sanchez as you imply. You have it the wrong way around.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just engaging with this rumour of yours for the sake of argument, BG. Charlton are vulnerable to sales at the moment - they've already lost Stephens to us and Kermogent to Bournemouth, a sale the Greenwich News Shopper said yesterday would be 'crazy' if it happened. So where are they suddenly going to find the sort of cash you'd need to part with to buy CMS? And, given their predicament in the drop zone, why would they possibly take a chance on a man who's played 24 minutes of under-21 football in 10 months? That would be crazy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m
#bhafc will confirm the signing of Rodriguez shortly. At The Amex waiting to speak to him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The all important Pro Evo stats from 2010-11

Name: David Rodríguez
Shirt Name: DAVID
Shirt Number: 18
Nationality: Spanish
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Foot: R
Side: B
Positions: CF★, WF

TECHNIQUE
Attack: 81
Defence: 44
Header Accuracy: 75
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 80
Place Kicking: 68
Swerve: 75
Ball Control: 80
Goal Keeping Skills: 50
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
SPEED
Response: 80
Explosive Power: 80
Dribble Speed: 80
Top Speed: 83
PHYSICAL
Body Balance: 76
Stamina: 82
Kicking Power: 79
Jump: 77
Injury Tolerance: B
RESISTANCE
Attack Awareness: 3
Defence Awareness: 2
Form: 6
Tenacity: 77
Teamwork: 78

S01 - 1-Touch Play

OLD STATS:
Acceleration: 84
Shot Technique: 80
Aggression: 85

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ Reaction
★ 1-Touch Pass

MOTION STYLE:

Last update on 06/11/2013 16: 12 by tuco55.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The all important Pro Evo stats from 2010-11

Name: David Rodríguez
Shirt Name: DAVID
Shirt Number: 18
Nationality: Spanish
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Foot: R
Side: B
Positions: CF★, WF

TECHNIQUE
Attack: 81
Defence: 44
Header Accuracy: 75
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 80
Place Kicking: 68
Swerve: 75
Ball Control: 80
Goal Keeping Skills: 50
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
SPEED
Response: 80
Explosive Power: 80
Dribble Speed: 80
Top Speed: 83
PHYSICAL
Body Balance: 76
Stamina: 82
Kicking Power: 79
Jump: 77
Injury Tolerance: B
RESISTANCE
Attack Awareness: 3
Defence Awareness: 2
Form: 6
Tenacity: 77
Teamwork: 78

S01 - 1-Touch Play

OLD STATS:
Acceleration: 84
Shot Technique: 80
Aggression: 85

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ Reaction
★ 1-Touch Pass

MOTION STYLE:

Last update on 06/11/2013 16: 12 by tuco55.

good thing its not a list of things about myself when playing football
it would be all 0's:wink:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Errrrm, no it isnt.

scar Garcia has further strengthened his squad by bringing in La Liga striker David Rodriguez on a free transfer.

The Spaniard cancelled his contract with Celta Vigo yesterday and earlier today signed with the Seagulls until the end of the season.

The deal remains subject to international clearance, but provided that comes through today, he will be available for Sunday's trip to Watford.

Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, “We wanted to add more competition to our striking options and David will bring that.

Oscar being interviewed at the training ground
Oscar being interviewed at the training ground

"He's shown throughout his career he is capable of scoring goals. He can play in all attacking positions.

"The challenge for him now is to push for a place in the team and prove between now and the end of the season he is worth a longer-term deal with the club."

Rodriguez has played for Celta Vigo, Almeria and Sporting Gijon during his time with Spain and moves to England with 38 career goals to his name in 112 appearances.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-seal-david-deal-1330793.aspx#sBs56BppettbpJ4B.99

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
!$"£$ me he looks like some bloke they found down the pub.

Not expecting much from this bloke at all, looks like he's drunk 5 pints and ate 2 packs of pork scratchings everyday for the last 6 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here