Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Gold Again (taken from the argus site)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Brilliant.......

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I work with a Birmingham City supporter and he reckons it'll be a great thing if Gold invests in the Albion. Although he did go on to say he was a bit tight, for example he would only pay for a new pitch if they got into the Prem lol.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where the sodding hell is Pende!?

Googlemaps only points to one Pende and that is about 15 miles East of Dieppe, ironically near a place called Brighton. Did Perseus confuse England with France?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Where the sodding hell is Pende!?

Googlemaps only points to one Pende and that is about 15 miles East of Dieppe, ironically near a place called Brighton. Did Perseus confuse England with France?

f*** SAKE, PAUL, DON'T GET HIM STARTED. :angry:

It's a mythical land that rest of us call... Shoreham Airport.

His 'analysis' of the site was so detailed (albeit fundamentally flawed to the point of total bollocks), that Lewes District Council successfully petitioned the ODPM to have it included in the second Public Inquiry, although it was not on the original list of sites to discuss, thereby costing the Albion an extra £60,000. Lewes DC didn't give a shit about the site (it's 13 miles from Lewes - and 9 miles outside their jurisdiction), they just wanted to throw a spanner in the works.

What a dumb f***ing twat of a wanker.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bit harsh. It was only a question. :jester:

Without wishing to drag all that up again, aren't we Brighton & Hove Albion not Shoreham Albion? Adur District Council as well... Genius.

If you're going to split hairs, it's actually now Brighton City Airport, although it was previously Brighton, Hove & Worthing Municipal Airport.

Luckily, the then (possibly current) Chief Executive of Adur District Councilis is an Albion fan, and didn't want anything to do with this hair-brained scheme.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Very interesting indeed. The argus said previously the Gold had said Brighton was his preferred option and that he had expressed an interest in investing in us. Gold says clearly last week that he has not expressed an interest and now this week says he was contacted by people close to the club but not on the board but still flass short of saying he would like to invest in us.

I suspect that when he met DK recently a LOT of interesting information was shared!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
ALTERNATIVE ALBION STADIUM PLAN at PENDE

Perseus, I clearly did not grasp quite how deluded you are on this thing.
Are you a nutter ?

The usual term is FAR OUT. which just means I am not with the IN-CROWD. Not sure, I want to p.

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Just a suggestion and please don't read anything into it but not all the members of the Bloom clan are on the board. Could this be the source of the approach?

If you're going to split hairs, it's actually now Brighton City Airport, although it was previously Brighton, Hove & Worthing Municipal Airport.

Luckily, the then (possibly current) Chief Executive of Adur District Council is an Albion fan, and didn't want anything to do with this hair-brained scheme.
He's still got the job (although he doubles up as Chief Executive of Worthing Council as well these days). And he was definitely in the South Stand at Withdean last week.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Any approach has nothing to do with Pende. Somebody else suggested that. if half of Brighton (inlcuding Dick KNight) does not know where Pende is, I am sure that an East London Jew who supports Birmingham does not know. Unless somebody on North Stand Chat has told him.

Actually, it should have dawned on everybody that they have to dig out so much soil from Falmer and dump it at Pende, it might be easier to build the stadium there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"The Pende, along with their neighbors the Yaka and Suku, can trace their origins to modern day Angola, between the Atlantic Coast and the Kwanza (Cuanza) River. They were forced north to their current region during the Lunda expansion in 1620, which also resulted in numerous cultural influences."

Fact

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The OE pynd is the etymon of pond and in medieval England this was Pende.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Perseus - i think you are a C U N T.

I don't use that sort of language easily - but after 10 years............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here