Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

david cameron told to leave hospital ward, by angry doctor

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Not if she thinks that a "matron" can overide a doctor on grounds of medical hygiene, no.

By the way, I am a qualified microbiologist myself. Prior to switching careers I worked ten years in the microbiology lab at the County. When it comes to disease control I know what I'm talking about.

yeah, but where do you live? I think that's what Bushy wants to know. If it's an 'ivory tower' it doesn't matter what you 'think' ;)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not if she thinks that a "matron" can overide a doctor on grounds of medical hygiene, no.

By the way, I am a qualified microbiologist myself. Prior to switching careers I worked ten years in the microbiology lab at the County. When it comes to disease control I know what I'm talking about.

Think BAG has answered fairly adequately, but to sum it up , you trying to tell her about ward etiquette and who does what is a bit like Ross Brawn trying to tell Michael Schumacher how to drive a Racing Car.

HTH

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
david cameron told to leave hospital ward, by angry doctor
They still haven't stopped showing this, and David Cameron wasn't asked to leave at all, since he'd taken his jacket and tie off, and tolled his sleeves up etc. I'm not sure what the doctor was on about - doctors and nurse have to be sleeveless as they're going up to one patient, then another, so have to be able to wash properly, but I don't suppose the camera crew were touching the patients.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That doctor was 100% right. There are rules on long sleeves in hospital wards for very good reasons.
What exactly are the rules then? Because visitors don't seem to have to have short sleeves. There's also a chap sitting in the corner in the clip with a long green jumper on (think it was green).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No, actually I'm a 24 year old Senior Staff Nurse in Intensive Care, who has attended many, many infection control lectures, before you go all patronizing on me! The reporters were saying that the matron had given them permission to go in as they were. Personally, as they weren't entering the bedspaces / involved in direct patient care, it is actually allowed. Judging by the Consultant's speech, I think it sounded like he was more pissed off that he couldn't wear anything below the elbow himself!

Exactly this... he ranted about 'having to do it himself - so they should' rather than saying in measured terms that it would be appropriate for effective infection control if they met the recommended standards. Mrs T, a hospital Matron in one of the areas major hospitals thought he was being a twat - not an untypical behaviour for many consultants!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why is it that if Cameron was doing things the right way, the camera crew didn't? Deosn't count if it's not on camera?
Because Cameron was next to a patient, possibly shaking hands, and may then have gone to another patient (after washing hands). You can't wash your sleeves between seeing different patients.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think this whole thing was harsh on Cameron. He was doing it right and the film crew should have copied although there may not necessarily have been the same need for them to do so.

As for Simster, tell your cousin I am grossly disappointed that she didn't take the opportunity to tell Clegg and CMD what she thought of their proposals.

One other thing, she's lucky she looks more like stumpy than you:smile:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think this whole thing was harsh on Cameron. He was doing it right and the film crew should have copied although there may not necessarily have been the same need for them to do so.

As for Simster, tell your cousin I am grossly disappointed that she didn't take the opportunity to tell Clegg and CMD what she thought of their proposals.

One other thing, she's lucky she looks more like stumpy than you:smile:
Well she did say they both listened carefully to what she had to say. However, flouncing on national television is the act of an arse, as we all saw.

Come on then i'll bite , why ?? there is obviously something massively WRONG about this cousin, male or female :laugh:
SHE is lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here