Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Button to West Brom

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No way will Walton play ahead of Ryan. What are people on? Blackburn fans don't rate him, Sanchez seems to be rated more highly and Ryan, save for his aerial presence, is a great keeper.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ryan has made mistakes correct.

But far less mistakes than Walton, in a far higher standard.

The days of Walton getting rave reviews whilst on loan are over and Blackburn have certainly not been raving about him.

This was the review of his season by the local paper

The on-loan goalkeeper improved at the turn of the year as Rovers conceded six in nine matches, but Walton's weaknesses were exposed following the recommencement of the campaign and his hesitancy, positioning and organisation came under scrutiny following mistakes against Bristol City, Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City - 5

Had a quick look at those games and the goal he concedes against Bristol looks like it goes through him, his defender challenges him for the ball against Wigan, if Walton has called for it then it's the defender at fault, I can't tell if he had or hadn't, and Cardiff, I think Ryan would concede in the same way. given that he also will be off the line in anticipation of a back pass.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No way will Walton play ahead of Ryan. What are people on? Blackburn fans don't rate him, Sanchez seems to be rated more highly and Ryan, save for his aerial presence, is a great keeper.

Not people, just me it seems, I am on strong tea.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Had a quick look at those games and the goal he concedes against Bristol looks like it goes through him, his defender challenges him for the ball against Wigan, if Walton has called for it then it's the defender at fault, I can't tell if he had or hadn't, and Cardiff, I think Ryan would concede in the same way. given that he also will be off the line in anticipation of a back pass.

If it was just those 3 mistakes then that’s one thing.

However they gave him a rating of 5 !! For the whole season.

Whilst he has his attributes I’m sure and hopefully will improve... to say he is even close to pushing Ryan for the shirt is very unlikely currently.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Whilst he has his attributes I’m sure and hopefully will improve... to say he is even close to pushing Ryan for the shirt is very unlikely currently.

Maybe I am too optimistic, I also am reckoning on Alirezza tearing it up this season which is a minority opinion.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

5 out of....? 6 wouldn't be bad. 10 would be underwhelming.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
500k done deal. To be announced by West Brom either tonight or over the weekend.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
500k done deal. To be announced by West Brom either tonight or over the weekend.

Good, makes perfect sense for all concerned, he barely got a look in here, and when he did he didn't exactly cover himself in glory. Not that he did anything particularly wrong, but he just isn't strong enough to put pressure on Maty's starting place, which was the number one reason he was here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good, makes perfect sense for all concerned, he barely got a look in here, and when he did he didn't exactly cover himself in glory. Not that he did anything particularly wrong, but he just isn't strong enough to put pressure on Maty's starting place, which was the number one reason he was here.

All of this. Thought he was poor after Krull and Maenpa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. What we really need is an aging but proven Prem level understudy. One who has done it all before but is happy to be second fiddle now, thereby providing competition for one off games.

Personally I think we should let Walton go too - he is nowhere near a Premier league keeper from what I've seen and heard. Although in the absence of another young keeper coming through the ranks, maybe not just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here