• OUT

Votes: 214 85.6%
  • FENCE

Votes: 22 8.8%

• Total voters

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You make a good point. I am not saying he is great. I have doubts about his ability for sure. However - is Stephens a Burke signing ? Ward. Joe Bennett among the load signings. It may be Colunga, or Baldock - until they have a manager who can put out a team to make the most of them it is difficult to judge.

Yes Stephens was a Burke signing and he is still to really show he is a good signing as 14 games in nearly a year since signing him is not a lot to go on, but I will say he is one of the better signings, along with Ward and Bennett. As for Colunga and Baldock I am not convinced by either at the moment. What I do find interesting is these are the names you have chosen as the best out of the 25 he has signed and none of these have become anything like a fans favourite or even an established first team player, although Bennett comes the closest. But what of the other 20, I bet you struggling now to even put a name forward to hold up as a real good signing. These facts implies to me that Burke is not being successful in his main task, as Head of Football.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I want to know what really went on in the summer before I start screaming for him to go. If the real reason we missed out on our primary targets was because of his poor negotiating or just a general lack of clout which has been mooted on here previously then there are some serious questions that need to asked.

If this isn't the case and we were simply outspent or those targets were charmed by more appealing characters (beit mangers or club representatives) then that is another question which should be put to PB and TB. I'd wager the reason we missed out on a couple of players to Middlesborough would have more to do with the choice between Karanka and Hyypia than Burke specifically. If that's the choice that the players had then I'm not sure you can lay blame at DBs door.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting that in Sami Hyypia's departure he thanks the fans, Bloom, Barber, the players, the staff but no mention of Burke. That's where the problem is. Burke out.

So it was Burke that failed to motivate the players and play the right formation? Riiiiight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here