Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Next up, 6 April 1994 v Cardiff City

Page 3 001.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know Belloti and Archer had nothing to do with Falmer. However, if they hadn't have sold of the Goldstone, maybe Brighton would still sill be playing at that run down ground today.

Very possibly.

However, I don't think selling the Goldstone in order to move to what we have now was really part of their 'plans', nor did it feature any sense of philanthropy.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Honest Club News should have read:

My two rich employers are secretly planning to sell the 90 year old spiritual home of your beloved club, making a mega personal windfall via a parallel land deal in Sunderland.

Just shows that we live in a civilised country, and/or Albion fans don't contain the sort of fanatics that might support other clubs.
If Archer and Bellotti, or similar, had done this to a club like Celtic, Everton, Millwall (for example) ... they would always be looking over their shoulders.[/
QUOTE]

Don't I seem to recall a certain person in Eastbourne was charged and convicted of making death threats to Mr Bellotti?:bla:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
How about this quote from Hansard that Belloti made when debating the introduction of the National Lottery ......

" Mr David Bellotti (Eastbourne)

The right hon. Gentleman referred to sport. Would he care to comment on the local situation with Brighton and Hove Albion? The club says that it takes about £1 million gross in its bingo scheme, which is greater than the gate receipts from our joint local professional club and that that scheme would go by the wall if a national lottery came in. If that is the case, can he suggest another way in which we could jointly support our local professional club in Sussex? "

Well, Dave, you certainly showed your support in another way !!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Keep 'em up Hiney. Looking forward to the excuses for Brady leaving, relegation and non-renewal of the Goldstone towards the end of 95/96.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Keep 'em up Hiney. Looking forward to the excuses for Brady leaving, relegation and non-renewal of the Goldstone towards the end of 95/96.

Just going through 95/96 for the website now. It starts to get a bit ridiculous - remember the article when he told us to stop whining?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
..and its David Bellotti
David Bellotti MP
He's by far the biggest WANKER
The world has ever seen

etc etc

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I find it really interesting that even though it is the first game of the season, the bulk of the article is about money. I know you would expect this to some extent but he says practically nothing about the team at all. Makes me even more convinced he was already preparing the ground ( no pun intended) for what happened later on.

I came across Archer in my line of work and he was one of the most unscrupulous people I have ever met. The club wasn't the only thing he ruined.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Every time this thread gets bounced, I cross my fingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here