Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti dead!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
M

I'm not conciliatory, I just feel I can't celebrate a death, even his, was the same with Maggie and Saddam

I am sort of with you on this one Lenny. I thought I would do a dance of joy when the Thatch passed on, but I felt nothing about her passing other than sympathy for those who did know and love her. I feel the same with Bellotti. But.......

As mentioned by others on here, Roy Chuter and Sarah Watts both passed away before their time, as indeed did my brother David (like Roy, by his own hand). Whilst it would be impossible to prove any direct link, who knows what the stress and sadness (which may have been internalised by all three and others of whom I am not aware) of the struggles to save our club may have committed to their deaths. Did David Bellotti or his family mourn Roy's death. I doubt it.

So I can't mourn and I can't feel sympathy. And the part of me I would rather wasn't there is rather glad that the old **** has popped his clogs.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Just how delusional can LibDems get?

John Austin 11th Jun '15 - 4:56pm

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Although we came from different political perspectives em shared a passion for local democracy and for involving young people in the political process. I was pleased to work with him on the Asoociation of Former MPs and to have his support for setting up the Parliamentary Outreach Trust. Many Seagulls supporters will miss him too. He was always polite, friendly and cheerful and when I last saw him only a a few months ago, he looked in very good health

Guess one party I will never be voting for again ...........

Anyone posted any comments on there that have been quickly deleted?

err...try reading the post again, makes it clear that John Austin is not a Lib Dem but a member of another party. In fact looks like he was a Labour MP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Austin_(politician)

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Even at the risk of getting flamed, some personal thoughts that have come out over the course of today.

Like thousands of other Albion fans for nearly 20 years I've almost looked forward to the day of DB's passing, but when it actually happened I found myself Really feeling nothing.

It might have had something to do with losing my own mother in the last couple of months, but for all his many faults and personality disorders, Bellotti was a parent himself.

He was the front man for Archer and Stanley, whatever he got paid for it, was it really worth it?

After July 1995 he endured all kinds of abuse, both verbally and in print a 'favourite' emanating from his then wife, the 'lovely Jo' and the allegations about her and a Liverpool striker.

He had to have his calls and post monitored, was brought to games under strict security, we had to talk an over zealous Gulls Eye reader from targeting Bellotti Junior outside his school and my own personal favourite was the Steve Foster incident when Fozzie sat in his office and said to him.
"David you are either the most switched on bloke to ever be at the Albion or you are the biggest **** this club has ever seen, and from where I'm sitting you don't look that intelligent"

He had to move away from Sussex and as a result became estranged from his son, which something as a parent I would find very hard to comprehend.

And perhaps worse of all he had that life sentence of always having to look over his shoulder, all over the world, because the Albion support gets everywhere, and there would always be that chance be it in a bar, hotel lobby, airport, restaurant in fact anywhere, that he would bump into one of us and get the verbal abuse he so richly deserved.

But 20 years on, we've lost too many good people, Robert Eaton, Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, my mum and countless others that today I truly cannot celebrate a death, even his.

History will ultimately be the judge.

Good to see a thoughtful balanced post like this, aware of his failings but also aware of the impact on his family and the impact it must have had on him.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Never would have had his brief political limelight but for those f**king IRA B*stards murdering Ian Gow

Absolutely this. Good description of IRA too. Worked in a military hospital for seven years dealing with the results of their handiwork; and they killed my oppo in Belfast with a car bomb. A better message to them would have been to let Gow's widow take his place in Parliament rather than let DB in, but I suppose that's democracy......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
err...try reading the post again, makes it clear that John Austin is not a Lib Dem but a member of another party. In fact looks like he was a Labour MP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Austin_(politician)
Accept from your link that John Austin is a Labour (ex) MP - but nothing on the original post to say he wasn't a LibDem posting on the LibDem website - there are plenty of different political perspectives within the LibDem party!

So perhaps John Austin managed to get away with a sly gybe, which the LD mods didn't spot!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
surprisingly not bothered hearing this news rather belatedly. There was a time when I wanted to floor the man. I always thought I would be punching the air and celebrating his death. That's not to say I feel forgiving. Just don't feel anything especially. Bit like Harty.

Then, I despised Archer and Bellotti more, much more, than any other persons before. I can say them same since. They really messed up years of my life. Our lives. And as Paul Hayward asked in Stuart Weirs brilliant more than 90minutes "why?" "For what purpose"?

So I wouldn't want his passing to rewrite history. Instead we should use it to remember how close we came, and a shining Knight arriving in the nick of time. Plus all those past and present who saved us. But also that DBs misguided actions significantly contributed to cause incredible damage to a large community and misery to thousands of people's lives. He really was a loathsome snake of a human being during his time as our CE. Meaning his legacy will largely just be infamy. For this I feel some sympathy for his family.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i cant help but think on matters such as this its probably best to leave your thoughts to yourself,show a bit of class and not portray them online.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Was i happy he died?no i was not ,do i hate this prick yes i do when Archer dies i will throw aparty thats for sure !!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Enjoyed this line from the telegraph

'Thin, bespectacled, balding and meek in appearance'.

If only it had of mentioned his 2 inch cock the reader would have fully understood Jo's Robbie Fowler betrayal.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
From the Obit

'Bellotti always argued that by selling Brighton’s ground there had been no intention to benefit himself and his fellow directors; he was instead buying time with the club’s creditors.'

Make what you will of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here