David Beckham / Real Madrid

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The very best of luck tonight Becks and I sincerely hope your season finishes on a magnificent high by winning La Liga.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Could be a great day for British sport what with Hamilton, Beckham, Casey and Rose all with huge opportunities to win major trophies:cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
while it would be good to see beckham get a trophy i hope it all goes tits up and Barca walk away with the league, and Seville finish second.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
while it would be good to see beckham get a trophy i hope it all goes tits up and Barca walk away with the league, and Seville finish second.

Why do people like Barca so much?

They are rather arrogant and seem to think everyone is against them.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
What a day this could be! Casey/Rose to win in Oakmont is the weak link in what could be an historic day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Because they weren't Franco's club is probably the reason so many Spaniards prefer Barca to fascist Madrid :ascarf::lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think it is because the club are founded, and still run on, very sound principles. As for thinking everyone is against them it might have something to do with Spanish politics and being pushed around by the Madrid government.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup, would love to see Becks win a gong tonight. Popping down the CRICKS for the Real Madrid game - trouble is, I think they might put the U21's match on.

That'd be a sickener.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can't really lose tonight, as I'll be pleased for different reasons whoever wins it.

Madrid - would be pleased for Becks.
Barca - they are always my preferred Spanish team.
Seville - would LOVE to see the underdog sneak home. They've played some great stuff this season, and will surely see their side broken up this summer (although that was widely expected to happen last summer but didn't - however, this year there are some big clubs seriously chasing some of their key players).

Should be a great night, although could be an anti-climaz if Madrid take a 2 goal lead early on. A Mallorca goal in the first 20 mins, and it'll be edge of the seat stuff.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think it is because the club are founded, and still run on, very sound principles. As for thinking everyone is against them it might have something to do with Spanish politics and being pushed around by the Madrid government.

Too true, even the "king" was against them.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
damn choice of games, all the spanish ones AND the U21 match...who says pre-season is boring!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
where is the La Liga trophy now, there is some distance between the 3 grounds where the league can be won??? ?

I wondered the same thing.

I reckon there is a replica at each of the three grounds to ensure that there is something to be handed over to whoever wins it, then the real thing wil be presented at some later date.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
money on Beckham 89th Minute winner anyone?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Barca have just gone 1-0 up as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports