Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Seeing a few posters worrying about our options up front for the Everton game IF Maupay is out, it might be worth pointing out.....

We still have Connolly, Zeqiri, Tolaj, Ferguson AND Tau and Andone who haven't actually gone yet, yes they probably will but there is nothing to stop us delaying any outward transfers until after the Everton game if we feel it is necessary.

Apart from that, lets wait and see how Maupay is before panicking, he may be fine.

We could even, you know, sign the striker we need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Our recruitment policy is so ridiculous we currently stand second in the PL. Get Winstanley OUT, and Reddleman IN.
That'll sort it :thumbsup:

So pathetic. 2 wins against likely strugglers and we need not worry about getting in the striker we clearly need. My god, there are some moronic comments on here.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'll tell you why you haven't named anyone else other than Burnley. Because only a handful of clubs on the prem have 4 or more recognised strikers. I've just checked.

So "almost every other club" is, as the kids say, absolute bollocks.

Maybe research first

Since you have done the research, please can you list club by club. I would seriously appreciate so I can lol at your absolute bolleaux comment… go on, I dare you, but I suspect you won’t, because you will show you are the one talking utter bolleaux

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I get the frustration, we all know we need strengthening up front, but to think the club isn't pulling out all the stops to add to and compliment the strikers we already have is just strange. The club aren't going to panic buy, they've been bitten before when first coming up and aren't going to fritter away 10-20 million on someone who isn't going to actually improve the front line long term.

The other thing that does make me chuckle is that people think that players, especially those abroad, will look at Brighton and think 'yeah, let's go there instead of Lisbon or Florence'. Now the club could chuck untold amounts of money at it in wages to persuade them, but we all know the club have a wage structure and they're not going to break that unless they really do land that marquee signing.

Apart from non-starters like Odsonne, I haven't seen many realistic names banded around that can be this make or break striker, or indeed the stop gap people are looking for.

Darwin is the one

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So pathetic. 2 wins against likely strugglers and we need not worry about getting in the striker we clearly need. My god, there are some moronic comments on here.

The majority of moronic comments are yours.

Its amazing that you dont realise how annoying and tedious you are.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US

I’ll bite…

Before the season started, I was dead set on us needing a striker. We simply weren’t clinical enough, and almost never outperformed are xG. However, in both games this season, we have been really clinical, outperforming our xG (1.6 xG for in the Burnely game but 2 goals scored, and 1.47 xG in the watford game). I still agree that a striker would be nice, but by no means is it a necessity IMO.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The majority of moronic comments are yours.

Its amazing that you dont realise how annoying and tedious you are.

Says the poster who CONSISTENTLY posts the biggest load of sh1t on here

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Darwin is the one

He seems to be the natural selection of the recruitment team.

I suspect there aren’t that many alternatives though because the club are clearly very very interested in this one player in the knowledge that he could double his price in the EPL if he has some good seasons and starts hitting double figures.

Plenty of time to go on this one. Benfica still have 6 strikers despite offloading their 7th to Wolfsburg. Plenty of time to do a deal for Tony.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’ll bite…

Before the season started, I was dead set on us needing a striker. We simply weren’t clinical enough, and almost never outperformed are xG. However, in both games this season, we have been really clinical, outperforming our xG (1.6 xG for in the Burnely game but 2 goals scored, and 1.47 xG in the watford game). I still agree that a striker would be nice, but by no means is it a necessity IMO.

This is going to surprise a few of the Swanny disciples on here, but I agree we have been far more clinical so far this season.

However, I refuse to get carried away with our relative striking success in just 2 games…

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He seems to be the natural selection of the recruitment team.

I suspect there aren’t that many alternatives though because the club are clearly very very interested in this one player in the knowledge that he could double his price in the EPL if he has some good seasons and starts hitting double figures.

Plenty of time to go on this one. Benfica still have 6 strikers despite offloading their 7th to Wolfsburg. Plenty of time to do a deal for Tony.

That is my take too. I just hope we are not putting all our eggs in one striker basket, then the deal goes t1ts up, leaving us zero time for plan B.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh f*ck, I thought we might still have a chance at this signing, and then you pipe up :facepalm:

With something that’s been the press rumour all week - yet passes it off like he has a source (which pretty much don’t exist at the club anymore - but I guess as his never existed in the first place there’s no change for him…)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If Andone is off to Cadiz, then clearly some one is inbound for a forward berth imminently.

As much as I'd like to believe this, in 2019 we shipped Andone off without a replacement, and since then we've lost Murray but added Zeqiri and Welbeck, as well as Connolly coming onto the fold. So although we know the club are probably working on bringing a new forward in, I don't think that hinges on Andone's departure.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As much as I'd like to believe this, in 2019 we shipped Andone off without a replacement, and since then we've lost Murray but added Zeqiri and Welbeck, as well as Connolly coming onto the fold. So although we know the club are probably working on bringing a new forward in, I don't think that hinges on Andone's departure.

Don’t you think it should be factored in?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Since you have done the research, please can you list club by club. I would seriously appreciate so I can lol at your absolute bolleaux comment… go on, I dare you, but I suspect you won’t, because you will show you are the one talking utter bolleaux

The clubs who have 4 or more recognised strikers

Us
Burnley
Arsenal including balogun and nketiah
Villa including youngster Davies
Palace including Mateta and Street
Soton
Norwich
Watford.
Liverpool

Any response?

I imagine not or you will argue it but not provide anything to back it up as per

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The clubs who have 4 or more recognised strikers

Us
Burnley
Arsenal including balogun and nketiah
Villa including youngster Davies
Palace including Mateta and Street
Soton
Norwich
Watford.
Liverpool

Any response?

I imagine not or you will argue it but not provide anything to back it up as per

Do not feed the troll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here