Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Almost every club, as I said. CBA. I deliberately gave you an example of one of our closest rivals. Are you seriously suggesting Connolly and Zeq are currently better than The Racist and Vydra. If so, I will have some of what you are having!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll tell you why you haven't named anyone else other than Burnley. Because only a handful of clubs on the prem have 4 or more recognised strikers. I've just checked.

So "almost every other club" is, as the kids say, absolute bollocks.

Maybe research first

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I get the frustration, we all know we need strengthening up front, but to think the club isn't pulling out all the stops to add to and compliment the strikers we already have is just strange. The club aren't going to panic buy, they've been bitten before when first coming up and aren't going to fritter away 10-20 million on someone who isn't going to actually improve the front line long term.

The other thing that does make me chuckle is that people think that players, especially those abroad, will look at Brighton and think 'yeah, let's go there instead of Lisbon or Florence'. Now the club could chuck untold amounts of money at it in wages to persuade them, but we all know the club have a wage structure and they're not going to break that unless they really do land that marquee signing.

Apart from non-starters like Odsonne, I haven't seen many realistic names banded around that can be this make or break striker, or indeed the stop gap people are looking for.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Almost every club, as I said. CBA. I deliberately gave you an example of one of our closest rivals. Are you seriously suggesting Connolly and Zeq are currently better than The Racist and Vydra. If so, I will have some of what you are having!

Vydra got 3 in 28 last season.
Rodriguez got 1 in 31.

Connolly got 2 in 17.

Statistically I'd argue that, yes, Connolly is better. And he's younger. More time to learn and grow.

For what it's worth I agree we need another option.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Seeing a few posters worrying about our options up front for the Everton game IF Maupay is out, it might be worth pointing out.....

We still have Connolly, Zeqiri, Tolaj, Ferguson AND Tau and Andone who haven't actually gone yet, yes they probably will but there is nothing to stop us delaying any outward transfers until after the Everton game if we feel it is necessary.

Apart from that, lets wait and see how Maupay is before panicking, he may be fine.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As it stands we could be going into a game against Everton with Connolly as our only fit forward. It’s just a ridiculous position for a club with ambitions of the top 10 to be in.

Our recruitment policy is so ridiculous we currently stand second in the PL. Get Winstanley OUT, and Reddleman IN.
That'll sort it :thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seeing a few posters worrying about our options up front for the Everton game IF Maupay is out, it might be worth pointing out.....

We still have Connolly, Zeqiri, Tolaj, Ferguson AND Tau and Andone who haven't actually gone yet, yes they probably will but there is nothing to stop us delaying any outward transfers until after the Everton game if we feel it is necessary.

Apart from that, lets wait and see how Maupay is before panicking, he may be fine.

I wish people would stop banging on about Ferguson (and to a lesser extent Emmerson). He is 16.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
You're right the drop off was huge. Maupay constantly moves the defence about, Connolly just doesn't do it.

With a 2 goal cushion I would have loved to see Zeqiri out there. his work rate in the press and additional pace would have been interesting to watch. If any player needed a loan to get his confidence back it's Connolly. That glorious chance he missed was really bread and butter for the poacher he used to be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wish people would stop banging on about Ferguson (and to a lesser extent Emmerson). He is 16.

As was Rooney!!

Nah I agree. They both look promising but its a little bit too early. Though would be very happy if one of them got a ten minute cameo at some point towards the end of the season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
As was Rooney!!

Nah I agree. They both look promising but its a little bit too early. Though would be very happy if one of them got a ten minute cameo at some point towards the end of the season.

Exactly

Nobody is saying he is ready to be our centre forward saviour, but he is available as an option if Potter wants to use him. I personally think he's a long way from ready, but if Crofts and Potter see it differently, who am i to argue. As for the age thing, yes he's 16, but with the physique of a fully grown man, besides which, if you're good enough....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As was Rooney!!

Yes it would.

With nine subs, why wouldn’t you give them a taste even as a non-playing sub?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

You forgot someone :angry:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Still in. But 30% apart on valuation (27v35).

The valuations which have been put in the public domain. We will have never stated a valuation of a prospective purchase and the selling club, if they are going to bandy figures about, will always go high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here