[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’d still be happy with Edouard but I agree with you. Darwin seems much more adept in the air but it’s his astonishing decision making in and around the box that gave him double figures goals and assists last season. He seems a level up to Edouard in terms of dribbling and passing too but Edouard would be enough to apply the necessary pressure and competition to Maupay if we can’t get Nunez.

Problem is, Nunez seems to have the sort of window of potential people were talking about with White so he might not be here that long if he adjusts quickly and starts bagging the goals.

Great post. I agree. I see Darwin as the best fit for us. More Muzza like. Intelligent footballer. He is what we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh thank god, we'll be fine then :whistle:

The club we all support are not beyond criticism and two decent results doesn't change that.

I can see why some fans could be justifiably frustrated at our long search for a striker, but I can't really find the justification for having a go at another Albion fan for being frustrated.

Well OF COURSE the 3rd and 4th choice strikers aren't going to be stunning goal-scoring superstars. Thats the reason they are 3rd and 4th choice
However the fact we HAVE a 3rd and 4th choice is what I was referring to.

The poster I quoted claimed we had left ourselves short of options and was being critical for the club for it.. We simply haven't left ourselves short of options.
". It’s just a ridiculous position for a club with ambitions of the top 10 to be in."

What's ridiculous? Having injuries and still having 2 recognised strikers available?

We play one up front.

We are not going to have a line of 4 QUALITY strikers as if they are that good they wouldn't be wanting to sit here never playing unless there is an injury crisis.

Injuries have meant we have lost our BEST options. Any club who lose their 2 best strikers are not going to be jumping for joy having the revert to striker 3 or 4. Thats not an issue with our club being short of strikers as the comment suggested.

I'm frustrated if we have to play worse players because of injuries. Thats not the clubs fault

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well OF COURSE the 3rd and 4th choice strikers aren't going to be stunning goal-scoring superstars. Thats the reason they are 3rd and 4th choice

The poster I quoted claimed we had left ourselves short of options and was being critical for the club for it.. We simply haven't left ourselves short of options.
". It’s just a ridiculous position for a club with ambitions of the top 10 to be in."

What's ridiculous? Having injuries and still having 2 recognised strikers available?

We play one up front.

We are not going to have a line of 4 QUALITY strikers as if they are that good they wouldn't be wanting to sit here never playing unless there is an injury crisis.

Injuries have meant we have lost our BEST options. Any club who lose their 2 best strikers are not going to be jumping for joy having the revert to striker 3 or 4. Thats not an issue with our club being short of strikers as the comment suggested.

I'm frustrated if we have to play worse players because of injuries. Thats not the clubs fault

We don’t always play 1 striker. And options 3 and 4 are not Prem quality. Yet. So you are not really making sense. Maupay was immense in the first half. The drop off to Connolly was huge.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We don’t always play 1 striker. And options 3 and 4 are not Prem quality. Yet. So you are not really making sense. Maupay was immense in the first half. The drop off to Connolly was huge.

Come on bw2. We will play one striker if we only have 2 fit of the 4

We have options. We aren't screwed.

Tell me all the clubs whose 3rd and 4th choice strikers are what you would call prem quality. Off you go.

Do you HONESTLY believe a "prem quality" striker would be happy being 3rd or 4th choice at BRIGHTON? Seriously, some people are deluded.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

We play one up front.

I was that poster and I will concede that the impact of a few beers and the disappointment of watching Maupay go off injured and Connolly miss a sitter I may have overreacted. Ridiculous was too strong of a word to use.

I think I am more frustrated that we have a problem that every pundit, expert and fan has identified and yet we seem unable to resolve. I take your point that four top Quality strikers won’t sit around waiting to play but the issue for me is the drop in quality between our main two and the young lads is simply too big. Connolly just can’t score consistently at this level and Zeqiri really is very raw. The issue is compounded by the fact that one of our main two strikers is notoriously injury prone.

For clarity I think the club are run amazingly well and I am thrilled by the start to the season however I am worried that all the great work could undone by no new new striker and Maupay and Wellbeck being out long term. The suggestion posters have made for alternative options are okay for a game or two but not long term.

I also don’t expect us to splash £40m on a new striker for the sake of it but another experienced option up front is needed in my opinion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You're right the drop off was huge. Maupay constantly moves the defence about, Connolly just doesn't do it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Come on bw2. We will play one striker if we only have 2 fit of the 4

We have options. We aren't screwed.

Tell me all the clubs whose 3rd and 4th choice strikers are what you would call prem quality. Off you go.

Do you HONESTLY believe a "prem quality" striker would be happy being 3rd or 4th choice at BRIGHTON? Seriously, some people are deluded.

Almost every ever club. Even our rivals, like Burnley. Wood, Barnes, The Racist, Vydra. Way way way better than our 3 and 4

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I was that poster and I will concede that the impact of a few beers and the disappointment of watching Maupay go off injured and Connolly miss a sitter I may have overreacted. Ridiculous was too strong of a word to use.

I think I am more frustrated that we have a problem that every pundit, expert and fan has identified and yet we seem unable to resolve. I take your point that four top Quality strikers won’t sit around waiting to play but the issue for me is the drop in quality between our main two and the young lads is simply too big. Connolly just can’t score consistently at this level and Zeqiri really is very raw. The issue is compounded by the fact that one of our main two strikers is notoriously injury prone.

For clarity I think the club are run amazingly well and I am thrilled by the start to the season however I am worried that all the great work could undone by no new new striker and Maupay and Wellbeck being out long term. The suggestion posters have made for alternative options are okay for a game or two but not long term.

I also don’t expect us to splash £40m on a new striker for the sake of it but another experienced option up front is needed in my opinion.

Spot on

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club had Maupay + Andone/Zeqiri for Burnley

And Maupay + Connolly / Zeqiri for yesterday.

And it’s more than likely they’ll have same for Everton if the injury is minor which it might be.

And then for Brentford /first half of season it will be Welbeck, Maupay + new striker + so on unless these bids for strikers are all in vain (might be !)

And Maupay has 2 in 2 !

And we have a manager who is more than happy to rotate if he has to hence - Trossard, AMac.

Or they could promote 16 year old Evan Ferguson who scored for the u23s on Friday !

It’s hardly a crisis !

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You're right the drop off was huge. Maupay constantly moves the defence about, Connolly just doesn't do it.

Yes, Maupay was brilliant today. His injury, combined with the less surprising one for Welbs, just highlighted where we are short (again)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

If Maupay and Welbeck are definitely out of the Everton game, Potter will have a week to focus solely on Aaron Connolly in attack.

His movement and positioning can be fine tuned and his pace will give Keane and Mina plenty of problems.

I think he might do well against Everton.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Almost every ever club. Even our rivals, like Burnley. Wood, Barnes, The Racist, Vydra. Way way way better than our 3 and 4

Hahaha absolutely amazing. You named one club and they don't score.

Go on. If its almost every club name me JUST five outside the top 4 who have a better 4. You can do it. I believe in you.

This should be really easy for you.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Worked wonders for them last weekend....

Yes, you’re right, one game proves it, obviously! ;-)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The club had Maupay + Andone/Zeqiri for Burnley

And Maupay + Connolly / Zeqiri for yesterday.

And it’s more than likely they’ll have same for Everton if the injury is minor which it might be.

And then for Brentford /first half of season it will be Welbeck, Maupay + new striker + so on unless these bids for strikers are all in vain (might be !)

And Maupay has 2 in 2 !

And we have a manager who is more than happy to rotate if he has to hence - Trossard, AMac.

Or they could promote 16 year old Evan Ferguson who scored for the u23s on Friday !

It’s hardly a crisis !

And nobody used the word crisis until you did!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If Maupay and Welbeck are definitely out of the Everton game, Potter will have a week to focus solely on Aaron Connolly in attack.

His movement and positioning can be fine tuned and his pace will give Keane and Mina plenty of problems.

This is deluded

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hahaha absolutely amazing. You named one club and they don't score.

Go on. If its almost every club name me JUST five who have a better 4. You can do it. I believe in you.

This should be really easy for you.

Almost every club, as I said. CBA. I deliberately gave you an example of one of our closest rivals. Are you seriously suggesting Connolly and Zeq are currently better than The Racist and Vydra. If so, I will have some of what you are having!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How about 38 games? We finished above them last season.

Yes, and that was entirely down to our superior strikers! lol

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I would play Moder as a false 9.
Moder can play anywhere IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports