Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As it stands we could be going into a game against Everton with Connolly as our only fit forward. It’s just a ridiculous position for a club with ambitions of the top 10 to be in.

Bit dramatic to say the least.

If Jesus got injured for City today, they would go into their next game with no senior centre forwards and Spurs beat City last week with no centre forwards. Injuries happen and there aren’t going to be many weeks when both Maupay and Welbeck are both injured at the same time.

And I’d be quite happy for us to play with either Trossard or Mac Allister in a false 9 position anyway. Our players are technically good enough and intelligent enough to not need to play with a recognised centre forward.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bit dramatic to say the least.

I

And I’d be quite happy for us to play with either Trossard or Mac Allister in a false 9 position anyway. Our players are technically good enough and intelligent enough to not need to play with a recognised centre forward.

I would be happy with either Mwepu or Moder given a go at 9.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sign this guy up - him and Cucu and we’re so close to a very good squad imo…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sign this guy up - him and Cucu and we’re so close to a very good squad imo…

Stupid f***ers if their not coming to the No.2 in the World’s Premier Competition.

I heard so much shit tonight about a two horse race, if Cucu & Darwin come here, there could be only one nag in it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As it stands we could be going into a game against Everton with Connolly as our only fit forward. It’s just a ridiculous position for a club with ambitions of the top 10 to be in.

Oh go and wring your sheets out!

We have Zeqiri for sure, but we also have attack minded players who know where the goal is and could play in a very effective fluid front three in a 3-4-3 set up. My choice would be Mac Allister, Maupay and Moder, going wide or dropping deeper as the opportunities arise - or they create. No Maupay? - yes, OK, I'd rather he was there, but Moder, Mac Allister and Trossard could give the Everton defence plenty to think about.
So, for that matter, could Lallana playing in a slightly advanced role. We have options. You don't see them/like them. Fine ........... :shrug:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Oh go and wring your sheets out!

We have Zeqiri for sure, but we also have attack minded players who know where the goal is and could play in a very effective fluid front three in a 3-4-3 set up. My choice would be Mac Allister, Maupay and Moder, going wide or dropping deeper as the opportunities arise - or they create. No Maupay? - yes, OK, I'd rather he was there, but Moder, Mac Allister and Trossard could give the Everton defence plenty to think about.
So, for that matter, could Lallana playing in a slightly advanced role. We have options. You don't see them/like them. Fine ........... :shrug:

Not one of the players you listed is a striker, not one. Between them Zeqiri (may be a striker TBF, but has never played there for us) Moder, Mac Allister, Trossard and Lallana scored 7 goals last season. Yes we can make do with these ‘options’ and I’m not asking the club to go splash 40/50 million on one player but I do think the situation we once again find ourselves is disappointing and unnecessary.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not one of the players you listed is a striker, not one. Between them Zeqiri (may be a striker TBF, but has never played there for us) Moder, Mac Allister, Trossard and Lallana scored 7 goals last season. Yes we can make do with these ‘options’ and I’m not asking the club to go splash 40/50 million on one player but I do think the situation we once again find ourselves is disappointing and unnecessary.

Brings to mind Arsenal away last season. We were shite. No strikers started.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Not really. We are a team who tend to play 1 striker. I'm relieved we have as many options as we do as A LOT of teams would be in a much worse position with 2 strikers out injured. We can still have connolly playing AND zeqiri on the bench and that's even before we mention Andone.

How many strikers do you actually want in the squad before the situation isn't "ridiculous" in your opinion

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Zeqiri HAS played there for us.You chose not to notice it.Lallana played up-front against Southampton.

Are the sheets dry yet?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Not really. We are a team who tend to play 1 striker. I'm relieved we have as many options as we do as A LOT of teams would be in a much worse position with 2 strikers out injured. We can still have connolly playing AND zeqiri on the bench and that's even before we mention Andone.

How many strikers do you actually want in the squad before the situation isn't "ridiculous" in your opinion

Andone wasn’t in the squad today as he’s being sold to Cadiz, Zeqiri is a young player who has never played up top for us and never scored a senior goal for us.

For a club with aspirations of top 10 (Blooms view not mine) to go into a tough home game against Everton with two forwards available who are both 22 and under and who between them managed two league goals last season is not a healthy position to be in. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Zeqiri HAS played there for us.You chose not to notice it.Lallana played up-front against Southampton.

Are the sheets dry yet?

I don’t recall Zeqiri playing centre forward but fair enough I may have forgotten. None the less the two players you listed managed one league goal between them last season which proves my point.

Not sure why you have resorted to personal insults when on a football forum someone states an alternative view. Grow up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Andone wasn’t in the squad today as he’s being sold to Cadiz, Zeqiri is a young player who has never played up top for us and never scored a senior goal for us.

For a club with aspirations of top 10 (Blooms view not mine) to go into a tough home game against Everton with two forwards available who are both 22 and under and who between them managed two league goals last season is not a healthy position to be in. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

I can tell

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I don’t recall Zeqiri playing centre forward but fair enough I may have forgotten. None the less the two players you listed managed one league goal between them last season which proves my point.

Not sure why you have resorted to personal insults when on a football forum someone states an alternative view. Grow up.

Grow up? Lol

You do realise we won our first 2 games?

Another entitled dickhead for the ignore list

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Trossard, Mac Allister and Gross can all play up front.

The endless drone of dissatisfaction about the way the club is run and about our lack of strikers, decision making and lack of investment, particularly in that position is embarrassing, impatient and entitled.

We’re the envy of many other clubs in terms of long-term planning. Repeatedly, we’ve seen the cost of buying players who look right but aren’t. If anyone thinks our recruitment team aren’t working at full capacity all day, every day and haven’t done 100 times more research on players of interest than the keyboard warriors on here, they are certifiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The three players you listed managed 6 goals from open play last season. The two fit strikers we have managed two goals between them. On a football forum it’s perfectly understandable that people question that situation. That doesn’t mean we don’t recognise the tremendous progress the club has made on and off the field, the efforts of the recruitment team and the level of investment Tony Bloom has put in.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Grow up? Lol

You do realise we won our first 2 games?

Another entitled dickhead for the ignore list

Personal insults again, clear evidence you simply don’t have the intelligence to debate properly. I repeat Grow up. I’ve been there all the way through the last 40 years and am as “entitled” to an opinion as you. Please do stick me on ignore.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

His disallowed goal against Leicester was whilst he was playing up front? Happy to be corrected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We can still have connolly playing AND zeqiri on the bench and that's even before we mention Andone.

Oh thank god, we'll be fine then :whistle:

The club we all support are not beyond criticism and two decent results doesn't change that.

I can see why some fans could be justifiably frustrated at our long search for a striker, but I can't really find the justification for having a go at another Albion fan for being frustrated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here