Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My SAUCE in Iberico , says this loser will keep kicking balls BADLY in the tinpot league he SINGED for originally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His disguise needs some work, the shoes are such a giveaway!

sauce.jpg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
[MENTION=990]Jim in the West[/MENTION] (post 1778) probably best sums up our strategy, but it's also fair to say that we don't get sucked into over-paying for any player, do our business in private, and are more likely to sign shortly after the season starts as that seems to be when the value appears.

Frustrating for us all right now, but I'm happy enough with it personally. It seems like a good long-term way to run recruitment side of the club and whilst we haven't really kicked on, we haven't looked in serious danger of relegation in any of our top flight seasons yet either. Even when we flirted with relegation (the last CH season and the season just gone), we've always looked to have a bit too much to stay ahead of the competition.
This isn’t a discussion about frustration it’s the constant we are so smart in the market narrative.

If you sell player X for X amount then you know surely know the market, correct me if I’m wrong.

Now why would that same market change for purchasing player X just because it doesn’t suit what you want to pay, that’s not being smart it’s a guaranteed way to miss out on your targets.

In my business I know the market inside out and what price is acceptable to me and what’s not. The client might get what they want eventually although at their budget they would be settling for second best and not really getting the standard they first desired.

Obviously football transfers are more complex yet the basics around all business transactions for whatever the commodity remain the same.

All of the less risky purchases are fine I can clearly see the strategy in play, it’s the immediate first team positions that need attention I don’t see a clear strategy in as we are racking up to many failed attempts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This isn’t a discussion about frustration it’s the constant we are so smart in the market narrative.

If you sell player X for X amount then you know surely know the market, correct me if I’m wrong.

Now why would that same market change for purchasing player X just because it doesn’t suit what you want to pay, that’s not being smart it’s a guaranteed way to miss out on your targets.

In my business I know the market inside out and what price is acceptable to me and what’s not. The client might get what they want eventually although at their budget they would be settling for second best and not really getting the standard they first desired.

Obviously football transfers are more complex yet the basics around all business transactions for whatever the commodity remain the same.

All of the less risky purchases are fine I can clearly see the strategy in play, it’s the immediate first team positions that need attention I don’t see a clear strategy in as we are racking up to many failed attempts.

I’d agree with all that you say, except the highlighted bit.

Given the number of players we’ve signed over the last few years I’d say we’ve had very few failures. In fact just Locadia and Ali J have fallen well short. We are short in other positions but we have “made do” reasonably well imo. We have Maupay, Connolly, and Welbeck . Andone, the jury is still out on and I believe he was a bargain basement buy?

We ARE in desperate need of another striker but we have a little time left before we can write off this window’s striker signings.

What other failures are you thinking of?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Think we have anyone hear Jurgen’s in the squad Saturday???

Wow! I am sure Potter is ‘happy with his options’ lol

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d agree with all that you say, except the highlighted bit.

Given the number of players we’ve signed over the last few years I’d say we’ve had very few failures. In fact just Locadia and Ali J have fallen well short. We are short in other positions but we have “made do” reasonably well imo. We have Maupay, Connolly, and Welbeck . Andone, the jury is still out on and I believe he was a bargain basement buy?

We ARE in desperate need of another striker but we have a little time left before we can write off this window’s striker signings.

What other failures are you thinking of?

Club doesn't sign striker (yet).

Reason? Failure?

Reason for the failure? We all know why.

It's a catastrophe.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure if it's relevant to us getting Nunez, but reading about Dougies new Palace mug whose just set fire to 87.5 million.......... In an article about his failed attempts to buy into Benfica, it said the Benfica president is currently under house arrest pending trial, for money laundering and tax evasion!

Not sure if that's in the club or external businesses, but that's what we're up against!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

The basics for buying and selling a ‘commodity’ are not the same in the case of football transfers. You’re dealing with human beings who, unlike nuts and bolts and fridges and cars, have minds of their own.

Even if both the selling and buying clubs, and even the agent, agree terms, the player cannot be forced to move. He has the final say.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
is this an unknown known, or the other way around?

do we know why all these bids failed?

It is unknown by me definitely. But we do know our club play their cards very close to their chest (which is the right thing to do)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure if it's relevant to us getting Nunez, but reading about Dougies new Palace mug whose just set fire to 87.5 million.......... In an article about his failed attempts to buy into Benfica, it said the Benfica president is currently under house arrest pending trial, for money laundering and tax evasion!

Not sure if that's in the club or external businesses, but that's what we're up against!

But in the modern era, it's unlilkely that clubs will start discussing a transfer if they haven't got an idea from the player or his agent that the move is a possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here