[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Front page news, but who else are we bidding for???

9c95a4121be1bcc63db682e815cf638b.png

I reeling from a headline that includes the words Brighton and Messi..!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
using translate it effectively say that Benfica have rejected our increased offer of 32m euros + bonuses as they believe he could be worth more if he reaches his full potential.

Another article said that Vincius is at the front for departing Benfica........

Guess our club should have a handle on whether this is like us with White/Arsenal in hardballing to get the price up (but genuinely willing to sell) or just pissing in the wind..... again, you'd have to at least assume our club has some indication from Nunez agent he would be willing to come if terms are agreed??

Just hope this is not an eggs all in one basket situation....... deadline possibly needed or one final take it or leave it?

All feels very similar to last year sadly. Hope we have a plan B.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So basically we are competing with Barcelona to sign Messi's replacement.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That translates as "Benfica hope Brighton bid for Darwin, after Laporte says they want Messi." I think.

So basically we are competing with Barcelona to sign Messi's replacement.

No, the Messi story isn't linked the Nunez story. I think the the headline is saying, Benfica have rejected a bid by Brighton for Nunez and Joan Laporta (Barcelona President) will explain Messi's departure from the club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No, the Messi story isn't linked the Nunez story. I think the the headline is saying, Benfica have rejected a bid by Brighton for Nunez and Joan Laporta (Barcelona President) will explain Messi's departure from the club.

Barcelona have been linked with Nunez for almost 9 months, so if they are not related that is naughty journalism.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Barcelona have been linked with Nunez for almost 9 months, so if they are not related that is naughty journalism.

I'm only going by my limited knowledge of Portuguese and how I translate the headline. I've not read the full article, but the headline doesn't make me think the two stories are connected, despite any overlapping interest in Nunez.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm only going by my limited knowledge of Portuguese and how I translate the headline. I've not read the full article, but the headline doesn't make me think the two stories are connected, despite any overlapping interest in Nunez.

No you’re correct, the stories aren’t linked. The Messi part of the article is separate from our bid for Nunez.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
using translate it effectively say that Benfica have rejected our increased offer of 32m euros + bonuses as they believe he could be worth more if he reaches his full potential.

Another article said that Vincius is at the front for departing Benfica........

Guess our club should have a handle on whether this is like us with White/Arsenal in hardballing to get the price up (but genuinely willing to sell) or just pissing in the wind..... again, you'd have to at least assume our club has some indication from Nunez agent he would be willing to come if terms are agreed??

Just hope this is not an eggs all in one basket situation....... deadline possibly needed or one final take it or leave it?
I think all our eggs 🥚 are in this basket and it doesn’t look good.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Portugal Record claiming Benfica have rejected our offer and want 40m Euros. It’s nice to see they’re aware of Welbeck here.

[tweet]1423584071469391873[/tweet]

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I was aware that they were separate articles, I was joking about the translation because obviously it would be absurd if we were linked to Messi. Brighton being linked with Messi would be about as abstract as Brighton declaring their interest in signing the colour yellow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Portugal Record claiming Benfica have rejected our offer and want 40m Euros. It’s nice to see they’re aware of Welbeck here.

Good luck trying to play poker with TB. We won’t be sorting their financial problems, schoolboy error there.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

At the more favourable £/euro exchange rate now compared to last year, that makes it a tad over £33m, if our latest offer was 32m euros (27m£) , maybe we're not that far off?

5 million £ away from their alleged price..... not insurmountable

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

That’s £34m. That’s a lot. A hell of a lot.

But, the price quoted in the Portuguese press was €45m a week or so ago so it’s coming down. If we’ve allegedly bid €35m, we’re quite close.

This is all irrelevant if Darwin says no.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That’s £34m. That’s a lot. A hell of a lot.

But, the price quoted in the Portuguese press was €45m a week or so ago so it’s coming down. If we’ve allegedly bid €35m, we’re quite close.

This is all irrelevant if Darwin says no.

If multiple bids have been made from Brighton, I'm pretty sure the club is aware of how Nunez would feel about a move. Probably not through talking to the player as that isnt allowed, but the agent.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What was the point in Nunez going to Benfica? How has it helped the player?
How the feck do Benfica justify doubling the price they paid for a player after only one (quite poor) season? We should offer them what they paid or walk away.

albionite

May 20, 2009
What was the point in Nunez going to Benfica? How has it helped the player?
How the feck do Benfica justify doubling the price they paid for a player after only one (quite poor) season? We should offer them what they paid or walk away.

It’s what benfica do, buy players then sell for a big profit.considering the noises they were making after a couple of months of buying him they seem to be letting him go cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports