Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So you don't think 'they' can do both?

How much time do you believe they are wasting, speaking to agent and club?

well, by my fag packet calculation, that's two phone calls divided up between a large gaggle of recruitment staff;

just a guess, mind you

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s all about finding value and developing potential I think rather than “this player must have scored 20+ goals in his league”.

I don’t think it’ll happen but I would be delighted if we signed Nunez.

Me too.

However, I’d be a bit annoyed if we’ve gone back for him hard without being confident he wants to come here. There are ways of getting that message across, I hope that Darwin wants it or else it could get embarrassing again.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Come on lets wake up and smell the coffee. Benfica or Us . Champions league football and a challenge for the title or at best mid table in the premier league. There is no chance of him coming to us . We are yet again going to start the season short in the one area that needs improving.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Come on lets wake up and smell the coffee. Benfica or Us . Champions league football and a challenge for the title or at best mid table in the premier league. There is no chance of him coming to us . We are yet again going to start the season short in the one area that needs improving.

Whilst I do agree in principle he has so much competition at Benfica now that the area of doubt might just creep in to his mind.

Seforovic is obviously still there and we know they’ve signed Yaremachuk BUT they’ve also signed Pinho who scored 9 in 18 for Martimo last year & Vinicius has returned after his loan to Spurs. They also had a young lad called Ramos break through towards the end of last season.

If he wasn’t always starting last season, another 3 options to compete with might make him realise he needs to move on.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s all about finding value and developing potential I think rather than “this player must have scored 20+ goals in his league”.

I don’t think it’ll happen but I would be delighted if we signed Nunez.
And even if city and Inter were interested it's game over in the 'value' stakes. In fact it's definitely game over in the value stakes as benfica are hardly going to sell to us on the cheap.

It feels like this ship has sailed. We need to find another baller from a small club in France or south America. (Definitely not Holland :) )

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wasting our time no way he will come even if the clubs agree a fee .

We are wasting our time on this thread or the club on Nunez?

If the club are even doing anything about him, they must think there is a possibility. But we don't know could be yet more media BS.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And even if city and Inter were interested it's game over in the 'value' stakes. In fact it's definitely game over in the value stakes as benfica are hardly going to sell to us on the cheap.

It feels like this ship has sailed. We need to find another baller from a small club in France or south America. (Definitely not Holland :) )

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The main pull we will have to a player like Nunez is the Premier League.

I’d hope as long as no other PL teams come in we have a chance. But I agree the odds do feel slim.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Me too.

However, I’d be a bit annoyed if we’ve gone back for him hard without being confident he wants to come here. There are ways of getting that message across, I hope that Darwin wants it or else it could get embarrassing again.

Yes, we wouldn't want a player who doesn't want to come here, like Vincent Janssen for instance. But then again, we can use Vincent Janssen as an example of a player who might have done a lot better, considering where he is now (playing in Mexico, I believe (Wikipedia!), presumably earning relative peanuts), if he had come to Brighton!

mike1901

May 12, 2017
The main pull we will have to a player like Nunez is the Premier League.

I’d hope as long as no other PL teams come in we have a chance. But I agree the odds do feel slim.

Very slim stinks of desperation to me, have a feeling the club know we probably won’t be getting our striker, now is it best for the club to shut these rumours down or let them continue and get us thinking we are actually in for one, if it’s the latter the club know the fans wouldn’t be happy. If we were after players in clusters like we are told I don’t think we’d be back in for Nunez especially as he’s injured.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Very slim stinks of desperation to me, have a feeling the club know we probably won’t be getting our striker, now is it best for the club to shut these rumours down or let them continue and get us thinking we are actually in for one, if it’s the latter the club know the fans wouldn’t be happy. If we were after players in clusters like we are told I don’t think we’d be back in for Nunez especially as he’s injured.

According to Portuguese press we have bid £35m Euros and he’s currently injured.

Hopefully the club feel they have a chance if they’re making a bid. Agree though, not optimistic about this one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The club have never and will never comment on transfer speculation. Nor should they

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to Portuguese press we have bid £35m Euros and he’s currently injured.

Front page news, but who else are we bidding for???

9c95a4121be1bcc63db682e815cf638b.png

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Hopefully the club feel they have a chance if they’re making a bid. Agree though, not optimistic about this one.

It might be a case of us getting him because he's injured. Otherwise the competition might be a lot tougher.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Front page news, but who else are we bidding for???

9c95a4121be1bcc63db682e815cf638b.png

using translate it effectively say that Benfica have rejected our increased offer of 32m euros + bonuses as they believe he could be worth more if he reaches his full potential.

Another article said that Vincius is at the front for departing Benfica........

Guess our club should have a handle on whether this is like us with White/Arsenal in hardballing to get the price up (but genuinely willing to sell) or just pissing in the wind..... again, you'd have to at least assume our club has some indication from Nunez agent he would be willing to come if terms are agreed??

Just hope this is not an eggs all in one basket situation....... deadline possibly needed or one final take it or leave it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here