Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

mike1901

May 12, 2017
32m for a guy that's scored 5 goals in the Portuguese league and some on here are suggesting ings is a rip off.

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Well it’s only 2 million euros more than our first bid, don’t think they will budge.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
32m for a guy that's scored 5 goals in the Portuguese league and some on here are suggesting ings is a rip off.

Interesting.

A striker that doesn't score many. . .

He'll for in nicely, but don't we have this position covered?

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect that like the Ben White deal agreement will be reached via a series of bids. I can imagine that if we have an offer in for Percy at €3m, as suggested, we add this to our bidding strategy.
It will all be in the add on too. Say another €0.5m for each year we stay up in his four year contract, extra if he scores more than 15 goals in the league, extra in we finish above a certain point in the league and maybe a small % sell on. We are looking to buy this guy for his abilities as an out and out centre forward, his goal scoring ability plus his future worth.
This rumour is too specific to not be true, just like the Cucurella one. No smoke without fire.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This rumour is too specific to not be true, just like the Cucurella one. No smoke without fire.

Yeah but the rumour is of a bid. Really no surprise there. The real surprise would be if Benfica were willing to sell him (and that we’d be buying an injured player).

This from E Bola yesterday:

“The hiring of Ukrainian striker Roman Yaremchuk accentuated the idea that there are too many strikers in Benfica's squad and the seven names that are currently available to Jorge Jesus for at least two, maybe three, to try to sell or, at worst of the hypotheses, lend.

Yaremchuk, Darwin, Gonçalo Ramos and Rodrigo Pinho stay, Seferovic, Carlos Vinícius and perhaps Waldschmidt, for different reasons, are for negotiation. The first, Swiss international, awaits developments in the short term, after the great European he held, being most likely the player Benfica will be able to sell better, perhaps close to the desired €20M”

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Interesting.

He won’t be £150k per week in wages though, in addition to £30m and little to no re sale value.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Interesting.

6 goals?

Or a guy who’s got 9 assists in 29 league games

Or a guy who’s averaging a key part in a goal (ie scorer or assist) on over 50% of league games

Or… the best one… a guy who scored an astonishing 5 goals in 7 games in the Europa League - one of footballs biggest competitions…

Depends how you want to dress stats up or down…

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 goals?

Or a guy who’s averaging a key part in a goal (ie scorer or assist) on over 50% of league games

Or… the best one… a guy who scored an astonishing 5 goals in 7 games in the Europa League - one of footballs biggest competitions…

This.

The thing for me is whether we improve the team when we sign a player and does it address a need.

My feeling is this will.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If the club are genuinely pressing to sign this guy, then I trust the club know what they're doing and can see him being the perfect fit. They haven't got too much wrong over the past few years.
That said, I'm not buying in to what is being said in the media. We're very good at keeping things quiet so I'm fully expecting a totally different striker to be holding up a shirt before the season starts. Time will tell, just need to be patient.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Still keeping hope we will get a decent striker but it does all sound the same old story

2 weeks to go . Keep the faith

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Still keeping hope we will get a decent striker but it does all sound the same old story

2 weeks to go . Keep the faith
3.5 weeks to go :)

Either way can't wait for the window to slam shut. I hate the beginning of the season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
3.5 weeks to go :)

Either way can't wait for the window to slam shut. I hate the beginning of the season.

It’s the best bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Benfica need or want to sell it makes sense for them to release info on our bid in the hope of enticing other interested parties to the table. This one is going to be played out in public whether we like it or not...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
6 goals?

Or a guy whose had both knees operated within the space of 3 years? Would we get another Ulloa or another Izzy?

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm guessing the other team is Southampton as they were interested in him last year along with Sheffield United

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think we are in for both Nunez and Edouard. Suspect if we do sign Edouard it'll be because we got him for way less than the quoted figures.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm guessing the other team is Southampton as they were interested in him last year along with Sheffield United

Thats my guess too and the sale of Ings would allude to it too. If he goes to them its another case of us needing to get in and get the deal done quicker in future before other prospects have time to get a sniff. Our targets do seem to be targets for quite some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here