Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only guarantee we have through this process is, the back up and the back up's back up have also been courted.

I'd imagine the next ones name will creep out somehow, on, or even before, the weekend.
The only poohkicker for the club is the selling club has had a glimpse of our hand.

Rare territory indeed for Mr Tony.

Vincent Jansen? Remember that near miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
E20206CD-6178-4988-BFCC-EC19029AD5EA.png

From Petter Veland, Norwegian journo coveting Spanish football 38.5 k followers, 30 minutes ago.

#holdthenerve

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I take it as of 30 minutes ago, no deal had been done. As far as I could see on Twitter, all the so called ITK tweeters in Spain and Portugal have less than about 2,000 followers, and most of them less than about 200 .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Aren’t there any good Serie A strikers we can go after?

Domenico Berardi? Goals and assists......
Sassuolo

Impossible. Juventus have tried to buy him like five times, Tottenham chased him for several years, Napoli etc... they have obscenely rich owners and he would cost a fortune and once him moves it will be within Italy and to one of their big teams. Unfortunately. Would have been nice though.

Most other good strikers in Italy are currently also either old or dirty expensive.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m not convinced this 2nd division chancer is worth £25 mill

Let him go to Benfica and have dull DARBIES with SONNY LISTON

he’s given up the chance to play away at Champions or europe once a season , this shows he has no desire to improve as just being in the same stadium as BIELSA would turn him into ZICO over night

His loss

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've read that multiple times and am still none the wiser as to whether it's good or bad news for us!

"There's now speculation in a transition record through all times."
Makes perfect sense ???

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Disappointing. I’d actually prefer us to go large and offer £30M for Eduoard than now go for #4 or #5 on the list and end up paying £18M for another Locadia. But then it’s not my money.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Disappointing. I’d actually prefer us to go large and offer £30M for Eduoard than now go for #4 or #5 on the list and end up paying £18M for another Locadia. But then it’s not my money.

Gladly do the same on Nunez, pay 30 to activate release clause and lean on Almeria to make Benfica match it or walk away, 5 million is a hell of a lot of money, but thats how much we're going to miss out by....... Really think Nunez will be that good........No chance Benfica would get near that number imho, but then again its all easy when its not your own money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the lad wanted to play for Benfica the whole time then I'm glad he didn't come here.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Gladly do the same on Nunez, pay 30 to activate release clause and lean on Almeria to make Benfica match it or walk away, 5 million is a hell of a lot of money, but thats how much we're going to miss out by....... Really think Nunez will be that good........No chance Benfica would get near that number imho, but then again its all easy when its not your own money.

It would be cheaper to match Benfica's offer, then entice the player with a better salary package.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It would be cheaper to match Benfica's offer, then entice the player with a better salary package.

Obvs nobody has a scooby whats been happening, do you not think they may have tried that one already JRB? Purely speculation of course...... Im sure we all trust Blooms business acumen and can assume our advisors out their are playing the game to his specifications.......... If Nunez agent was playing that wages/package game, i'd assume he would have told our fellas what his offer was from Portugal and what we would need to do to beat it?

A larger agent fee (bung to his advisor) had crossed the mind too! If he was playing us off against each other?

Looks from the outside Benfica's major problem is having a large fee upfront that they can pay over a short enough timeframe? and this latest offer definitely looks like them stretched to their max........... may be wide of the mark, but looked the most logical point at which you could actually beat them, if there was still a game to be played, which in large part would also Depend on Almeria.

If Almeria are content with 25 mill, we don't win imho. If they could have been cajoled into highest bid wins (and maybe they are?), we could and would win that if TB really wants him. Maybe Benfica doesnt have such a problem with the weekly wages, as much as the upfront lump sum?

Think its gone unfortunately, so likely academic anyway.

UTA

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Let him go to the Mickey Mouse League. We can do better.

Ofc we can if money is no object but as it is, not sure we'll end up with someone quite this promising?. Time will tell.

Guess he may have been number 1 target?. numbers 2,3 or 4 etc may well turn out better, nobody knows, but there is a reason the club have pursued Nunez.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ofc we can if money is no object but as it is, not sure we'll end up with someone quite this promising?. Time will tell.

Guess he may have been number 1 target?. numbers 2,3 or 4 etc may well turn out better, nobody knows, but there is a reason the club have pursued Nunez.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we have other targets ongoing that are way less public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here