Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

albionite

May 20, 2009
https://www.record.pt/futebol/futeb...ca/detalhe/darwin-nuez-garantido-pelo-benfica

This link seems to say the deal is done.

Darwin Núñez secured by Benfica
Agreement between clubs is already closed, just missing some edges related to commissions

The reinforcement for the attack that Jorge Jesus was looking for is guaranteed. Darwin Núñez will even be a Benfica player, arriving in Luz from Almería. According to Record , the agreement is practically closed at the moment, with only some issues related to the commissions involved in the operation to be resolved.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
History is important, yes, but there are far too many on here who still visualise us as at our Withdean level. Tony has a public goal to make us Prem top 10. That is not a goal dreamt up by a Withdean warrior. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether one is a Withdean Warrior or not, whether one dreams of being top 10 or not, most of the football world will view us unfavourably with #teamslikebenfica and yes even leeds. We have a rich and proud history but it is only when we have an illustrious history in terms of winning titles, cups and european qualification that we can start to feel we are a peer of Benfica.

And yes, I believe top 10 is a possibility for our club and feel very positive about the way things are progressing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I disagree! Keeping ourselves as a smaller outfit overachieving in the league (with premier league bucks behind us mind) and enjoying every minute, is better than raising expectations and always wanting more.

Do you think Leeds are happy right now, even though they’ve got promoted after 16 years? F*** no! They want top 6! Europe! Big players! More! More! More! And when they don’t do any of that, half of them are gonna throw themselves from the roof tops. It’s going to be one hell of a fireworks display, I can’t wait.

Just enjoy every moment as it comes. Don’t expect to be a big club. We won’t enjoy it as much.

There's part of me that honestly thinks there could be nothing worse than being a mega club, going into most games expecting to win 4 or 5-0.

What's the ****ing point of football when you get to that stage?! The best you will be is satisfied, and you'll often be disappointed.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
https://www.record.pt/futebol/futeb...ca/detalhe/darwin-nuez-garantido-pelo-benfica

This link seems to say the deal is done.

Darwin Núñez secured by Benfica
Agreement between clubs is already closed, just missing some edges related to commissions

The reinforcement for the attack that Jorge Jesus was looking for is guaranteed. Darwin Núñez will even be a Benfica player, arriving in Luz from Almería. According to Record , the agreement is practically closed at the moment, with only some issues related to the commissions involved in the operation to be resolved.

I think we gave it a decent go, but it looked like he always wanted to go to Benfica. One thing it show is we have the cash to go out for the striker we need. I wonder if we now go back in for Watkins? Saw Villa have lost interest now....

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Spurs are apparently lining up a £30 million bid for Callum Wilson to play understudy to Harry Kane

Maybe this is the kind of player we should be looking at

I know his wages would be more but we could test his desire for first team football

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Spurs are apparently lining up a £30 million bid for Callum Wilson to play understudy to Harry Kane

Maybe this is the kind of player we should be looking at

I know his wages would be more but we could test his desire for first team football

Not at that cost.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
**** this bottler , no guts to play at Ellen’s road once per season

His loss

Yeah **** him.

I hope we win the Premier League this season and the Champions League next season, with Dunk as a make shift centre forward just to spite this bottling loser.

That'll learn him.

Oh, hang on...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Aren’t there any good Serie A strikers we can go after?

Domenico Berardi? Goals and assists......
Sassuolo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aren’t there any good Serie A strikers we can go after?

Domenico Berardi? Goals and assists......
Sassuolo

The only guarantee we have through this process is, the back up and the back up's back up have also been courted.

I'd imagine the next ones name will creep out somehow, on, or even before, the weekend.
The only poohkicker for the club is the selling club has had a glimpse of our hand.

Rare territory indeed for Mr Tony.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Alvaro Levrero:

DARWIN NÚÑEZ finally to #BENFICA? It would be done [MENTION=27864]Darwin[/MENTION]n99 to @SLBenfica. As #Record paper from #Lisbon just details missing to final agreement signature. No mention money this time, no mention any Benfica player involved that it should be. Uncomplete report. Let’s wait a bit.

Yes, let’s wait a bit. I think this source has blown his beans too early. Probably no experience of going up against the Lizard poor thing.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A lot of moolah for a player from the Spanish second division. Obviously saw something in him, and sadly we weren't alone in that, with a bigger fish happy to snap from our grasp. I can understand him wanting to take such an opportunity, battling for a title in luxurious climes.
As long as we have a number of rods tangling for a few not quite tamed beefy barracudas, then it'll be another few weeks of gossip-fuelled expectations to be crushed or excited by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here