Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever happens I will still be pinching myself that we are going toe to toe with Benfica for a player. Beggars belief to me

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hope this latest alleged development is BS. We seemed very close earlier today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Whatever happens I will still be pinching myself that we are going toe to toe with Benfica for a player. Beggars belief to me

You need to get over the small club mentality. Really you do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Probably do but until we actually win something I doubt I will. We are still a small club on the world stage, Benfica are a giant of the game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't think the Albion have gone toe to toe with Benfica.

Judging by how this has played out in Portugal, Mr Tony has absolutely screwed them over and may well only be letting go now after they've emptied out the piggy bank and cleaned out the sofa.

All for a player rumoured to not even want to come here!

Not the fairest of fights.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Disagree. The present makes no sense without the past. We need to aspire as Tony Bloom does, but still not forget where we come from. It is human to remember difficult times and feel a little bit of displacement when the present is significantly different.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

I disagree! Keeping ourselves as a smaller outfit overachieving in the league (with premier league bucks behind us mind) and enjoying every minute, is better than raising expectations and always wanting more.

Do you think Leeds are happy right now, even though they’ve got promoted after 16 years? F*** no! They want top 6! Europe! Big players! More! More! More! And when they don’t do any of that, half of them are gonna throw themselves from the roof tops. It’s going to be one hell of a fireworks display, I can’t wait.

Just enjoy every moment as it comes. Don’t expect to be a big club. We won’t enjoy it as much.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The full 'article' from the Portuguese TV station, courtesy of Mr Google:

Benfica will have everything aligned with Almería to sign striker Darwin Núñez. On the table should be a proposal of 24 million euros and a pass from a Benfica player.

Initially, the heads of the Spanish club wanted the young Diogo Gonçalves, however, Jorge Jesus is not willing to abdicate the player.

The player must sign a five-year contract and it is very difficult for him to escape from the reds.

that last bit in bold.... :ohmy:

#freedarwinnunez may have just become a matter of urgency

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think the Albion have gone toe to toe with Benfica.

Judging by how this has played out in Portugal, Mr Tony has absolutely screwed them over and may well only be letting go now after they've emptied out the piggy bank and cleaned out the sofa.

All for a player rumoured to not even want to come here!

Not the fairest of fights.

Maybe we’re after one of their forwards, that they may well need to sell to fund Nunez [emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I disagree! Keeping ourselves as a smaller outfit overachieving in the league (with premier league bucks behind us mind) and enjoying every minute, is better than raising expectations and always wanting more.

Do you think Leeds are happy right now, even though they’ve got promoted after 16 years? F*** no! They want top 6! Europe! Big players! More! More! More! And when they don’t do any of that, half of them are gonna throw themselves from the roof tops. It’s going to be one hell of a fireworks display, I can’t wait.

Just enjoy every moment as it comes. Don’t expect to be a big club. We won’t enjoy it as much.

Yep, stay humble...[emoji106]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe we’re after one of their forwards, that they may well need to sell to fund Nunez [emoji23]

:lol:

I did think just how cross I'd be if the club showed off it's new striker tomorrow morning!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Probably do but until we actually win something I doubt I will. We are still a small club on the world stage, Benfica are a giant of the game

I agree largely it’s good to have humility. But there is a middle ground though. We’re in the best league in the world.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, stay humble...[emoji106]

It's tough to stay humble about being an Albion fan when the club are simultaneously offering and turning down £25,000,000 for players.

While having nearly as many £15,000,000 failures as it has centre backs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I don't expect anything, but I dare to dream. And it is unusual to aim for something and get better, so it's best to aim high and accept the outcome for what it is.

After all, if it had been your dream, 40 years ago, to get off with Joan Collins :)love:), it wouldn't have been the best plan to chat up her sister Jackie and hope for a better outcome :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't expect anything, but I dare to dream. And it is unusual to aim for something and get better, so it's best to aim high and accept the outcome for what it is.

After all, if it had been your dream, 40 years ago, to get off with Joan Collins :)love:), it wouldn't have been the best plan to chat up her sister Jackie and hope for a better outcome :shrug:

Do you not think Jackie would have been more rampant. I mean Joan was acting, whereas Jackie wrote about it [emoji23][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We can basically blow them out the water financially if we so desire. Based on history you are correct of course, but...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Disagree. The present makes no sense without the past. We need to aspire as Tony Bloom does, but still not forget where we come from. It is human to remember difficult times and feel a little bit of displacement when the present is significantly different.

History is important, yes, but there are far too many on here who still visualise us as at our Withdean level. Tony has a public goal to make us Prem top 10. That is not a goal dreamt up by a Withdean warrior. Sorry.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I expect us to compete with Benfica. Not be surprised by it. You should wake up and do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here