Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think we’ll get him, but hopefully there is a plan B and C, neither of which involve Dutch football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I would be almost certain that the club have a team out there talking to him right now, they'd be silly not to. Clearly he has a preference for Benfica, which shouldn't really come as a surprise, but we've had a few offers now and would doubtlessly have been sounding him out for a few weeks. If he had no interest in coming here then surely it wouldn't have got this far, the fact that it has makes me believe that there is definitely room for persuasion.

Is it possible that we’ve sent a team to Portugal to negotiate rather than Spain because there’s no quarantine?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Translates to : player wants to look good scoring in an easier league

Doesn’t back himself in a top physical league to show his pedigree to top CL teams

Jog on Darwin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is it possible that we’ve sent a team to Portugal to negotiate rather than Spain because there’s no quarantine?

No quarantine for a returning individual classified within elite sport, only new arrivals.

If for instance, Bruno/Barber leaves UK as part of the Albion set up, do their things negotiation wise, they can come straight back without quarantine (as already subject to testing regime).
If we did bag Nunez, he would need to quarantine on first arrival.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Has this been posted already?

Says we’re now favourites. Benfica have a few days to match our offer

[tweet]1300135908075868160[/tweet]

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Squeaky bum time.

Better pull out Benfica, you just don’t have our kind of cash nowadays. Sorry boys.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

We're now favourites? Its nothing more, than we've offered more reddies on better terms......allowing Benfica a few days to match our offer says to me, we're being played.

This is where I'd hope we'd tell Almeria, take it or leave it. Not sit by and see and wait for Benfica to make their minds up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We're now favourites? Its nothing more, than we've offered more reddies on better terms......allowing Benfica a few days to match our offer says to me, we're being played.

This is where I'd hope we'd tell Almeria, take it or leave it. Not sit by and see and wait for Benfica to make their minds up.

That’s pretty significant though. The selling club won’t want to accept a worse offer!

Can’t help but wonder if this is a public smokescreen. Who are we really in negotiations with...

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
No quarantine for a returning individual classified within elite sport, only new arrivals.

If for instance, Bruno/Barber leaves UK as part of the Albion set up, do their things negotiation wise, they can come straight back without quarantine (as already subject to testing regime).
If we did bag Nunez, he would need to quarantine on first arrival.

Really good knowledge.

If Darwin is there too then his quarantine runs from the day he arrived there; it’s a neutral zone effectively. So he can take his time to make the right decision. I think we can make a convincing case.

On another note I saw Richarlison playing keepy uppy on a beach in Portugal a couple of weeks ago. He was wearing Brazil football shorts, a big “R” around his neck and had bleached his hair. He is excellent at heading the ball! His mate, though, was another level with his feet. Richarlison just came across as a really good guy. He’s got his dad and family around him and they sat at the table next to us for an evening meal.
ed54981fff4893ee0fd3d250589a6059.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That’s pretty significant though. The selling club won’t want to accept a worse offer!

Can’t help but wonder if this is a public smokescreen. Who are we really in negotiations with...

Well if Bloom wanted to up the ante, another 1.5 million to Almeria and 500k straight to the agent if the deal is done today, and if not, its off table.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looks like we are very keen on this one. It seems to make sense for a lot of reasons. Good player for his age. Physical player who will fill the Murray void. Young, as so will retain his value well.
However, he might not be too keen himself as the step up for him to the Premier League is a big one.
Where I think this works for us and him is that the pressure on him first season wouldn't be huge. Maupay is our main striker and I would expect Nunez to start many games from the bench. From our perspective, we know we need a new physical striker but we don't want to curb the development of Connolly. I think this signing would be ideal as the player is developing and wouldn't expect to start every game, allowing Connolly some starts and appearances from the bench. It gives Potter further options which is what he likes.
He'd also get well looked after and developed. I hope it comes off.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Really good knowledge.

If Darwin is there too then his quarantine runs from the day he arrived there; it’s a neutral zone effectively. So he can take his time to make the right decision. I think we can make a convincing case.

On another note I saw Richarlison playing keepy uppy on a beach in Portugal a couple of weeks ago. He was wearing Brazil football shorts, a big “R” around his neck and had bleached his hair. He is excellent at heading the ball! His mate, though, was another level with his feet. Richarlison just came across as a really good guy. He’s got his dad and family around him and they sat at the table next to us for an evening meal.
ed54981fff4893ee0fd3d250589a6059.jpg

He certainly comes across as a pantomine villain, to opposing fans, on the football field, but I read an Athletic article on him a few weeks ago that makes a very good case for him being a decent human being - The Richarlison you don’t know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here