Worthing
Naylor says maybe or not

[tweet]1428730259189469199[/tweet]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor says maybe or not

Surprise surprise...... Others seem to manage, but we can't?

complicated? Do players just not fancy coming? Really wonder what is so complicated ?

Will this all leading to nowt but "we tried"......

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Naylor says maybe or not

I did think all that champions league stuff was a bit far fetched - can’t imagine us waiting around. Thought Cucu was an almost certain one - ffs so annoying we can’t seem to get the deals over the line this window.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Nunez and Cucurella will both go to the wire I reckon. Both Getafe and Benfica think we’ll blink first. I think not. Whether that means they go ahead or not I don’t know. Think it will be a case of how much both teams need the money. I’m pretty sure Getafe do, not so sure about Benfica.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
complicated? Do players just not fancy coming? Really wonder what is so complicated ?

The players are not going to have been dreaming of a move to Brighton and Hove Albion all their lives. It's complicated to get players to move just for all the personal reasons before you even factor on the negotiations between clubs. With over a week to go to the window closing, a player would be mad to not wait a bit instead of simply jumping at the first chance to move, even if it is the world renowned BHA.

To suggest transfers are complicated is an understatement.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Please don’t tell me we are chasing another player with injury concerns?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The players are not going to have been dreaming of a move to Brighton and Hove Albion all their lives. It's complicated to get players to move just for all the personal reasons before you even factor on the negotiations between clubs. With over a week to go to the window closing, a player would be mad to not wait a bit instead of simply jumping at the first chance to move, even if it is the world renowned BHA.

To suggest transfers are complicated is an understatement.

To be fair, benfica or Brighton!

If I was a half decent player, I would be mortified if I was at benfica, one of the world renowned teams, and they said, “ ere Jose, you are off to brighton”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
To be fair, benfica or Brighton!

If I was a half decent player, I would be mortified if I was at benfica, one of the world renowned teams, and they said, “ ere Jose, you are off to brighton”

Of course they are a much bigger club with a rich heritage, the biggest stadium in Portugal and they will be contenders domestically.

But the league is a bit like the Scottish league in respects 3 big clubs, couple of championship quality and 8 teams are playing to under 10k max attendences each week. 6 of those 8 are under 7k which is the size of Burton Albion.

Over half the away league games are going to be like early rounds of the FA or league cup v non league clubs

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I wonder if we have a post window ‘Welbeck’ option if these don’t come off. Hard to believe we might not buy an attacker this window, or that we’d go another season with Burn as our back up LWB.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This stuff about "he doesn't want to sign": clubs may not be permitted to talk to players without their parent club's permission, but they sure as hell know whether a player is interested in a move or not. Man City went after Grealish for the same reason: they'd been told by sources close to the player that he was keen to join. Nuñez probably chose Benfica last time around as they're a huge club with a proud footballing history and with Champions League football to boot. More than little old Brighton & Hove Albion. A lot of players would make the same choice in that situation, particularly Spanish-speaking ones for whom picking up Portuguese is going to be easier than learning English.

Nuñez's situation now may be completely different, if Benfica have hinted to him that he's down the pecking order and they need to raise funds. I honestly can't believe we'd have gone after him twice and made all this effort if we were getting signals from his representatives that he didn't fancy it whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here