Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dart board erection - Advice required

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
My housemate has just received a dart board for his birthday. Now on one hand I'm looking forward to improving my arrows skills, but on the other I'm horrified at how it'll destroy the house after having one in my student days.

Unfortunately we don't really have a spare room/garage it can go in, so it'll be quite visible. Therefore has anyone got any advice on how we can protect the wall around the board (it comes in a cabinet), but still having it look reasonably smart?

Anyone know how Kev's getting on with his board?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hardboard!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
and it arras not arrows :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nailing hardboard to the back of the cabinet and then hanging the hardboard properly should sort it.

The other key point is you must have the centre of the bullseye exactly 5 foot 8 inches from the floor, otherwise you're not playing proper darts!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Re: Re: Dart board erection - Advice required

Trufflehound said:
Try putting corks on the points of your darts. That should makle them less dangerous.

I was going to go for sucktion cups, but wasn't sure how to go about attaching thm, cork sounds like an easier plan.

Ok, sounds like hardboard is the way to go. I'll give it a coat of magnolia and hope it blends in a bit (yes the wall is also magnolia).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had this wonderful image of someone with a stonking great erection from looking at a darts board.....not so far fetched as I am currently working with a chap who masturbates in ladies handbags...............whatever :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here