Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Lewis on Talksport

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Am I the only one who thinks this fella spouts faecal mess every time he opens his mouth?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The bloke is a total dickhead. He only gets airtime a the "token" black journalist on the circuit. I have to turn off if he starts giving his awful views.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is terrible. He seems really immature.

To be honest I don't particularly like any of the sports journalists who always seem to appear on Talk sport, Sky Sports News and Sunday Supplement with the exception of Paul Hayward. They all come across quite thick sometimes and seem to live in a very odd, Premier league obsessed bubble.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Actually thinking about it, Martin Samuel is ok, he knows his stuff.

But the rest that do the media rounds: Oliver Holt, John Cross, Neil Ashton (Palace!), Brian Woolnough, Rob Shepherd, Neil/Shaun Custis and even the lauded Henry Winter I find extremely annoying and their lack of sporting knowledge astounds me sometimes.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Actually thinking about it, Martin Samuel is ok, he knows his stuff.

But the rest that do the media rounds: Oliver Holt, John Cross, Neil Ashton (Palace!), Brian Woolnough, Rob Shepherd, Neil/Shaun Custis and even the lauded Henry Winter I find extremely annoying and their lack of sporting knowledge astounds me sometimes.

I find Oliver Holt ok. Don't like Woolnough and particularly dislike Patrick Barclay - he loves his own voice and witters on endlessly about nothing intelligent. I also don't like the small aggressive Chelsea fan - whose name escapes me at the mo, but quite a regular on Sunday Supplement.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed on Barclay. Seems dripping with smugness.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Talksport is gash.

I've always been a big listener to Talk sport but I must admit it is starting to get on my nerves now and I'm listening to it less and less. The ex pro's they employ are just terrible: Brazil, Irani, Gough, Micky Quinn, Jason Cundy, Ray Houghton, Ray Parlour and Stan Collymore are all offensive to my ears.

Hawksbee and Jacobs, Danny Kelly and Ian Danter are excellent though and well worth listening to but unfortunately they are not on enough.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The bloke is a total dickhead. He only gets airtime a the "token" black journalist on the circuit. I have to turn off if he starts giving his awful views.

This.

Glad it's not just me that hates him then. He pops up on Sky news as well sometimes. He just talks total shit about absolutely everything, he tends to say what he thinks is the obvious thing to say and what the majority will agree with.

His tactical opinions come directly from what he heard on skysports yesterday, he's the journalist equivalent of the armchair Arsenal fan in the office who's never been to a football match and never played at any level, but wants to have an opinion on everything and somehow has the confidence to slag people off.

As for the other journos, I've always had time for Oliver Holt. Also Paul Hayward is decent and balaned. Used to like Martin Samuel but even he's got too big for his boots these days

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
This.

Glad it's not just me that hates him then. He pops up on Sky news as well sometimes. He just talks total shit about absolutely everything, he tends to say what he thinks is the obvious thing to say and what the majority will agree with.

His tactical opinions come directly from what he heard on skysports yesterday, he's the journalist equivalent of the armchair Arsenal fan in the office who's never been to a football match and never played at any level, but wants to have an opinion on everything and somehow has the confidence to slag people off.

As for the other journos, I've always had time for Oliver Holt. Also Paul Hayward is decent and balaned. Used to like Martin Samuel but even he's got too big for his boots these days

With the exception of Hayward they do all seem to be extremely arrogant.

D

Deleted member 22389

This.

I think you summed that up perfectly. I am afraid a lot of these pundits are all the same. The only decent people on Talksport are H&J and Adrian Durham and that bloke that is on after 10pm. All the other decent people have gone. Jon Gaunt, James Whale. At least these people expressed a proper opinion and could create a half decent debate that did not involve talking about the premiership. The other people on there bore me to death. Their voices drain me lol. I don't listen to Talksport in the daytime anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Talksport is turning into a poor radio station. H&J, Alan Brazil are the exceptions for me. I loathe Durham, Napoleon syndromed ginger pygmy. Keys and gray = embbarassing. Irani is cranially challenged. I continually turn it off.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Talksport is still ok but they need to get shot of Mickey Quinn ASAP. My God the one dimensional shite he spouts has me reaching for the off button everytime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here