Darren Bent worth more than Henry??!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bent is worth £8 million max. As previously stated, he doesn't look too great for England and I strongly believe Defoe is twice the player Bent is.

I don't know why everyone is so up on Defoe, Bent for me looks a lot better and his stats point to it too. Bent has 31 league goals in 68 games for Charlton, who lets be fair were pretty rubbish for both seasons he was there. Defoe has scored 39 league goals in 85 league starts and 35 sub apperances for Spurs, thats a lot more games to score a couple of goals more.

Although £16.5 million is a lot more than Bent is really worth he is a great striker who I am sure will continue his impressive scoring record now he's moved to a side with better service. I am quite suprised that Spurs actually met Charltons asking price, or as near to it as they went. Also it wouldn't suprise me to find out the deal is based on apperances, goals, european qualification and England caps, Bent will more than likely have to set the world alight for Charlton to see anywhere near the full 16.5 million.

Dandyman

In London village.
I think its a dig at Spurs, I cant be 100% sure as by retard
translater is a bit off today

A retard who thinks 5th place, european football and a realistic shot at the top four this coming season is shit...Yaweh knows what the nebbish thinks about the Albion.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Maybe meander back a summer or so ago, and pose a similar question: how does £16.5million Bent compare to £18.6million Carrick? Yes, one has just won the league and made Spurs tick for long enough for us to struggle a few months to get over his loss. But the signing this summer of a proven Premiership goalscorer, offering pace, strength and hopefully a little more adaptability than, say, the sharp-but-unclever Defoe... well, Bent's hardly a dent in the all new shiny improved Premiership finance-pot, honest.
And back again to summer 2006 - Henry £16million versus Henry, what, £35million, £40million perhaps...? I'm not going to try to argue against his class and brilliance, especially turning a game but also his 250 goals in 500 appearances - unerringly excellent stats there. And, as a Spurs fan, it's good to see him gone. But considering what the Vermin could have got for him a mere season ago, this deal seems a bit of a steal for Barcelona.

As for the Bent in an England shirt dismissals - two brief cameos, how can that be considered a fair enough foundation? Even before he shunned the West Ham jackpot, I struggled to understand just what he had to do in not only a very poor Charlton side, but one geared to depending on his workhorse efforts as a lone man striker, to know just what he had to do other than keep on scoring consistently to get a little more respect and more of an England run-out.
I'd love to keep Defoe and have him alongside Berbatov, Bent and Keane as one of the best striking-quartets on the continent, but that may be a little greedy - and I can well see Defoe scoring plenty for another side, albeit whether he fancies moving out of Europe towards the likes of Villa and Pompey. But for decision-making, consistency and adaptability, Bent looks the slightly better prospect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports