Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star Comes To Haywards Heath

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My Dark Star source informed me today that they are looking at having 20 outlets, so actively looking for suitable premises.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My Dark Star source informed me today that they are looking at having 20 outlets, so actively looking for suitable premises.

They have acquired pub in Horsham and a bar in The Heath I think that makes Four so far it's going from strength to Strength bit like the Albion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With 28 pubs a week closing nationally it shouldnt be difficult to find suitable premises. Being a beer drinking pub they would need to be in a town centre although if I won the lottery I would buy the Royal Oak Wivlesfield and make it a good eating house.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Yes heard much the same all of which will be in the local area. For the Horsham venue its the old Anchor Tap (1898 cafe) on East street with several Albion fans already lining up at the door, due to open early 2016.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
United services great drinking hole it went down hill when they gave women the vote and allowed them to play snooker only joking had one of my my stag partys in the Lounge which was attended by Graham Mosley and Gerry Ryan good old days. I can remeber Five pints of Carlsberg for a £1 .

£2.60 a Holsten in the services now. Still an absolute bargain, especially with some of the characters you find in there

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Yes heard much the same all of which will be in the local area. For the Horsham venue its the old Anchor Tap (1898 cafe) on East street with several Albion fans already lining up at the door, due to open early 2016.
It should be open before Christmas.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With 28 pubs a week closing nationally it shouldnt be difficult to find suitable premises. Being a beer drinking pub they would need to be in a town centre although if I won the lottery I would buy the Royal Oak Wivlesfield and make it a good eating house.

I would buy the former Rifleman's Arms in Warninglid, and resurrect that.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's sad to the old lady in such a state. Also the Kings Head Chailey is closed and I fear the Fox & Hounds will be next.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's sad to the old lady in such a state. Also the Kings Head Chailey I f.ear the Fox & Hounds will be next.

There was a sold sign on the Royal Oak for ages can only assume it was for housing and subseuently either rejected or the buyer pulled out as it has an All Enquiries board on it again now.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There was a sold sign on the Royal Oak for ages can only assume it was for housing and subseuently either rejected or the buyer pulled out as it has an All Enquiries board on it again now.

With the right investment good food and the right beer also put some parking behind the pub it might survive and make some dosh.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Surprised they aren't looking at that pub on East Street that Bison are trying to crowdfund...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With the right investment good food and the right beer also put some parking behind the pub it might survive and make some dosh.

It's got a decent car park across the road already..........didn't it used to be owned by the same people that owned the Jack and Jill ? There is a right miserable twunt running that place......

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I know it's complicated with tied houses and brewery owned pubs but it surprises me still the amount of pubs that stock crap beer. I do a pub quiz at a close to town centre pub in Worthing and when I arrive I have to judge which of the draft brews is the " Least Worst " for me to drink that evening. It's not a new thing, it's been going on for months, I have worked my way round all the beers and tried lagers too, now I have discovered that Stowford Press cider is that least worst drink.

Isn't that incredibly sad ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It's got a decent car park across the road already..........didn't it used to be owned by the same people that owned the Jack and Jill ? There is a right miserable twunt running that place......
That is my view of its best use. IMHO the car oark opposite is small and dangerous for people crossing on that corner to get into the pub so I would make it staff parking. All I have to do is win the lottery with 1 or £2m to spare.to buy and refurbish it

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Thought u was talking about nibiru. Its arival is due in marcb 2016 :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here