Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Ings: Season long loan from Liverpool?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor says no. (to Ings, not whether Long is up there with Best or Obika)

[tweet]890481935209967617[/tweet]
Doesn't surprise me.

If we were a bit more established in the PL with other proven PL strikers in the squad the risk would be more acceptable.

But Broken Baldock and Ings in our 5 strikers ? Not for me.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ha ! textbook Naylor mention...

*except he's dismissed about 15 or so rumours like this in pre-season and been right about all of them.

To be fair we've been 'linked' with sack loads of players and we've signed four, if he keeps saying NO he's going to be right more often than being wrong.

For what it's worth I quite like Naylor.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair we've been 'linked' with sack loads of players and we've signed four, if he keeps saying NO he's going to be right more often than being wrong.

For what it's worth I quite like Naylor.

Of course. He's also reported our interest if/when we're linked but they don't sign/haven't signed yet, (See Mooy, Abraham, Gomez, Delaney, Neto). All of which eventually confirmed by club or Hughton in public.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Of course. He's also reported our interest if/when we're linked but they don't sign/haven't signed yet, (See Mooy, Abraham, Gomez, Delaney, Neto). All of which eventually confirmed by club or Hughton in public.

Is it bad that I'd forgotten about Neto already? Not like he was going to be our record signing or anything :eek:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're mentioned in this one new Guardian article,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/06/liverpol-danny-ings-loan-newcastle-west-ham

"Ings'’ potential availability may yet prompt West Bromwich Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion to declare their own interest, with Chris Hughton’s attempts to reinforce up front having come to nothing over the summer as he missed out on Vincent Janssen and the Romanian Florin Andone on transfer deadline day."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who are the best two strikers in the Champ? Can’t we just go and buy them both for Christ’s sake. A ****ing striker. We need a ****ing striker. No other saga in football has gone on this long except for the missing cup final money. Brighton and Hove Albion are a ****ing joke and I’m sick of hearing about how we cannot sign anyone despite being richer than the vast
Majority of clubs in the world.

There. I’m flouncing off now got that off my chest. But really am sick of our stories of woe. Barber OUT!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Who are the best two strikers in the Champ? Can’t we just go and buy them both for Christ’s sake. A ****ing striker. We need a ****ing striker. No other saga in football has gone on this long except for the missing cup final money. Brighton and Hove Albion are a ****ing joke and I’m sick of hearing about how we cannot sign anyone despite being richer than the vast
Majority of clubs in the world.

There. I’m flouncing off now got that off my chest. But really am sick of our stories of woe. Barber OUT!

You do realise the window isn't open yet?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You do realise the window isn't open yet?

It’s been open and shut numerous times in previous seasons and we don’t sign anyone. What makes you think...? We really lack goal scoring ability, it’s been a trait for many of the recent past seasons albeit not all. Bloody sick of it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Liverpool appeared very organised ahead of the official date.

And this. Plenty of other teams do business pre window throughout the leagues. But never Brighton. Bloody sick of it. Especially when we’re just so dull. Anyway, Arsenal have just got a third so I’m a bit less fatalistic. Just our siding luck they won tonight but unlikely now. Phew!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s been open and shut numerous times in previous seasons and we don’t sign anyone. What makes you think...? We really lack goal scoring ability, it’s been a trait for many of the recent past seasons albeit not all. Bloody sick of it.

The only time we’ve landed a decent striker in the last three seasons and six windows is when Zamora and Murray both wanted to come back for their swan song, otherwise we are probably the worst club in the top half of the Championship and the whole Premier League in being able to sell this club to quality strikers. It will not surprise me in the least if we are talking about “complicated and difficult” again as an excuse at the end of the window that is about to open.

Edit - maybe Hemed as well, has he been here less than three seasons?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
And this. Plenty of other teams do business pre window throughout the leagues. But never Brighton. Bloody sick of it.

Club announced signing of Pascal Gross on 19th May. Window opened on 10th June. If you want another example then there's also that young Scandinavian striker that the club announced the signing of back in September and who joins next month.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Tough crowd,:lolol:i

We are moaning now, cos we haven't signed anyone 3 days before the transfer window opens. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tough crowd,:lolol:i

We are moaning now, cos we haven't signed anyone 3 days before the transfer window opens. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Just getting that dejavu feeling in early doors :smile:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The only time we’ve landed a decent striker in the last three seasons and six windows is when Zamora and Murray both wanted to come back for their swan song, otherwise we are probably the worst club in the top half of the Championship and the whole Premier League in being able to sell this club to quality strikers. It will not surprise me in the least if we are talking about “complicated and difficult” again as an excuse at the end of the window that is about to open.
Exactly. Is it time we fans advertised ‘position vacant’ around the globe on Twitter, in papers etc? Must have skill and desire to succeed as main motivation. Will be well rewarded but not stupidly. Greedy ****ers need not apply...

I mean, there are 3 billion or so men worldwide. Surely there’s one kicking a cabbage around in some 3rd world country that could give it a go. How hard can it be? Surely there’s someone, for God’s sake anyone, out there that can score a sodding goal and wants to play for Brighton and flaming Hove Albion?! For the love of god, please, someone just someone answer our cry for HELP!:rant::censored::shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here