Danny Holla?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bolton away last season when we won 2-0, Stephens bossed the midfield that day
Any advances on 1 (one) game that Stephens has imposed/bossed from his 25 appearances?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just to be clear, I don't think he's good enough to be playing regularly for a decent Championship side, but in our position of having strikers who don't score I think his set pieces warrant his selection. Unless, as others have suggested, he already knows/has been told his future lies elsewhere as we have enough passengers/loanees on the pitch who seemingly couldn't give a toss.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Needs a full, organised pre-season. Was one of the (too many) players that arrived unfit and poorly conditioned. He does have quality, but needs to be well prepared rather than over rested.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just to be clear, I don't think he's good enough to be playing regularly for a decent Championship side, but in our position of having strikers who don't score I think his set pieces warrant his selection. Unless, as others have suggested, he already knows/has been told his future lies elsewhere as we have enough passengers/loanees on the pitch who seemingly couldn't give a toss.

His set pieces on Monday were rubbish - I think the first three free kicks in decent positions sailed into the keeper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His set pieces on Monday were rubbish - I think the first three free kicks in decent positions sailed into the keeper.
Irrespective as to who you are talking about, you realise you have just chastised 3 shots on target.
From a team that has a history of

I think the first three free kicks in decent positions sailed out for a throw-in

There's just no pleasing some people :dunce:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Irrespective as to who you are talking about, you realise you have just chastised 3 shots on target.
From a team that has a history of

I think the first three free kicks in decent positions sailed out for a throw-in

There's just no pleasing some people :dunce:

Fair point. I'll applaud next time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im going to let CH decide. Personally I see no reason why Holla cant be a squad player. But I would say Holla this is Beram you need to watch him. This is what we are looking for. Can you do it? If no then you can go.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would keep him till at least Jan, then if still not any better sell him off and replace him. He did come late last year and it's new country with a new playing system, and a change in Manager!

He does have quality and maybe with a good pre-season and some confidence in his second year we might see the real thing

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, hence why in my OP I was suggesting that Holla should start ahead of Stephens because he is far more adept at set piece taking.

Difficult one. Stephens is quicker and more dynamic (usually) but Holla definitely takes a better free kick.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stephens > Holla. Although I take the point re free kicks...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Stephens is still finding his feet after major injury. I think he'll be a good squad player in the championship, but if we seriously want to compete we have a lot of quality to get in and a larger number of players to get shot of.
Darren Bent is a good example of the type of player we need - 2 in 4 for us and a bucketload for Derby. I think we will struggle to get this sort of player on the budgets we seem to have.
I suspect we will attempt to stay mid table over the next few years and develop slower than most fans will be happy with. It would be nice to know the masterplan but that's part of being a fan.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Another Duffer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was our best midfielder this season til we signed Kayal and got Stephens back... Oh and until Ince found some form....

But isn't good enough for us as a team going forward.... Says a lot about our season and recruitment this season tbh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports