Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Are you sure? I thought CMS was meant to be our £3.25m saviour. Mistreated by both GP and OG, he only needs a start to starting banging in the goals, with his Championship-beating pace and natural footballing skill destroying defences.

:lolol: it amazes me that people still think he's a goal machine. Lovely guy, bang average footballer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Spot on..Wish the lad well, but are we as customers supposed to be happy with this??? Dutch second division player in a roll where we are hardly short of options. Forgive me if I don't get excited. Surely the money we are paying him in wages would have been wiser spent, adding to whatever we have set aside for a striker. Just another slap in the face as far as I can see.

He's not a Dutch second division player though, ADO Den Haag finished 9th in the Eredivisie last season, just missing out on a place in the rather confusing Dutch playoffs for a place in Europe. The season before they finished 9th as well. Infact most of his career has been spent in the Dutch top division apart from a spell on loan at a club in their second tier when he was 20.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The system is becoming a bit clearer as it looks like he has been brought in as a deep lying midfielder to do the job that JFC isn't capable of. Looks like he will be tasked with launching quick attacks from deep. JFC has been playing that role and now we know why.

I think this may be true. JFC is slated on here continually, club buys potential experienced replacement, NSC disapproves. Nothing changes. And whilst my first thoughts were - another midfielder - if it improves the supply chain up to the strikers then I'm all for it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I am wondering what level of football the league he played in is ? Still at least he has 2 arms and 2 legs and can fill a shirt so that is a bonus. He may be the next Ronaldo, who knows ?

The Dutch top flight isn't a bad standard. Surely you're aware of that.

Not a particularly exciting signing but give him a chance.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Spot on..Wish the lad well, but are we as customers supposed to be happy with this??? Dutch second division player in a roll where we are hardly short of options. Forgive me if I don't get excited. Surely the money we are paying him in wages would have been wiser spent, adding to whatever we have set aside for a striker. Just another slap in the face as far as I can see.

THIS

Been on loan to loads of clubs and has had no pre season so won't be match fit for a few weeks!

Freebie signing and a 'deep lying' midfielder (Sami's words).

The club are seriously taking the piss and I can't believe some on here are so ready to accept that at least we have signed someone! We need experienced championship players who can create and a striker of decent quality plus a left back.

I hope this guy is good but he is not going to solve our main problems.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So let's get things straight, nobody has seen him play but the usual moaners are already writing him off. Great! Crazy idea, why not give him a chance. If he can dictate play in midfield, that is exactly what we need. I think I'll reserve judgement until seeing him rather than moaning immediately.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think this may be true. JFC is slated on here continually, club buys potential experienced replacement, NSC disapproves. Nothing changes. And whilst my first thoughts were - another midfielder - if it improves the supply chain up to the strikers then I'm all for it.

What strikers ? :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Am I missing something? Looks to me like Den Haag came 9th in the top Dutch league last year. Or are you just moaning as usual?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I initially thought this was a bizarre signing in the holding role but looking at his record of 54 apps and 14 goals for his last club could this actually be our Clayton? He only scored 11 in 80 odd appearances. Don't write the chap off just yet.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
That jumped out at me too. Not the type of quote we're used to seeing from managers in this country. Hyypia making it pretty clear it's not his signing - although he seems happy with that from previous statements. Cheap could be inspired - let's see.

One thing that is clear. I think people have to cut Sami a bit of slack. This is the biggest shake-up since Russell Slade went bonkers in the transfer market after relegation. Would really be unfair to judge him for several months. Hope people are supportive of him and the team even if they're annoyed at the transfer dealings - it would really help. Anyway, still time for a few more in...

agree, give Sami some time before we judge him, we need to give the player a chance and still time for more to come in .... even if they are free agents.

It will take time, be supportive, have faith, be pleased someone has signed!

Keep the faith,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We certainly are not short of midfielders,just decent ones, but saying that when we get Stephens and Crofts up to full speed and the Newbie from liverpool sounds ok,along with Lua Lua,March and this geeza - things dont sound half as bad.We just need that bit of guile which i hope the Liverpool lad will provide.....Then its onto sorting the front line out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here