Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His girlfriend, Isabella Lodewijk, ain't too shabby either.

Blimey, he can stay for as long as he likes if she is going to be coming to the games. Hopefully he'll tweet a photo of her in training gear and it can be deposited alongside that photo of Frankie Sanford.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We may have a few midfielders now but most lack the quality and vision to create, hopefully this lad and the Tex kid will go someway to solving that major problem

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Danny Holla is blatantly going to become our new midfield ace - his name has a nice ring to it which even Aspinall won't have trouble with....:lolol:

In all seriousness, please can we give the guy a chance to play and settle before we give our critique.

My Virgil van Dijk / Michael Dijk song is now my Danny Holla Suggestion.

To the tune of Windmill in Old Amsterdam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj40JtpqI0U

We once bought a player from near Amsterdam
His stock keeps on rising but that’s not surprising
We sing every morning how lucky we are
Danny Holla is a Dutch superstar
Danny Holla……………………………………..Where
There over there, there over there, right there
The Brighton boy with clogs on
Well I declare
That is Danny Holla over there, right there

I will be singing this all day.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Danny Holla is blatantly going to become our new midfield ace - his name has a nice ring to it which even Aspinall won't have trouble with....:lolol:

Dunny Hoiler

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hope he is good. Could we not have signed him in June to have a full pre-season? He will need to get fit and gel now and we don't have much time to get it sorted

"The 26-year-old former Groningen and Den Haag man watched Albion's game at Birmingham City yesterday, before undergoing a medical and signing for the club last night."

I'm gobsmacked he didn't sneak off to birmingham international and do a bunk on the evening KLM flight

Well, he probably thought there's no way I won't be playing 45 games a season

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Sounds more like a Crofts type player than a Bridcutt type player. If Sami's correct and he can dictate play then that's an improvement on what we've got already, if need be and he falls back into a defensive position, then so be it. By the sounds of it though, he's our marauding midfielder who'll get stick in and initiate the attack.

My line up for Tuesday:

-----Stockdale-----
Bruno---Dunk--Hughes---Chicksen
--------Toko----Ince--------
March----Crofts/Holla----Teixara
------------COG/CMS--------------

Subs: Greer, Fenelon, Harris, Ankergren, Calderon, JFC, Augstien

That's assuming we have no one come in between now and Tuesday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel like something can be done with gwen's stefani's 'hollerback girl' for a song for him. It feels like an appropriate chanty song that could work from a football crowd.

In our system we play with two holding midfielders. Toko and Holla will be the two.

We kinda play three now? The inside wingers and advanced fullbacks mean we don't really have attacking midfielders any more

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
View attachment 57442

2012/3 season
Look at the quality of opposition he scored against. That's good, by the way in case people haven't heard of them.
He then scored against Eindhoven the first game of the next season, but then only went on to score two more all season. Why? We don't know, but we do know there's a bloody good player in there.

Sami quote from the article

Not seen him play?

Yes odd in this day and age we signs players without the manager seeing him play.

And when you get words like "hope" appearing in a manager's welcome, you know this is a bit of punt to nothing.

Still, reliable journeymen can have their place in squad building

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes odd in this day and age we signs players without the manager seeing him play.

And when you get words like "hope" appearing in a manager's welcome, you know this is a bit of punt to nothing.

Still, reliable journeymen can have their place in squad building

How would he have seen him play? He's not been with a team all summer and Hyypia only became our manager in June. I assume our scouts have seen him play and that they've described him to Hyypia and he's the sort of player who Hyypia thinks will fit his style.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So much negativity, I bet most of here had never even heard of him one hour ago (I hadn't). He could be a great signing and still leaves us lots of funds to sign a top striker, something everyone agrees we need. Just because he was on a free transfer, it doesn't make him bad. Remember Kuszczak is currently a free agent and he'd do a great job for a championship team.

Perhaps the recruitment team are actually doing a good job and finding decent players who are under the radar and good value. Not that many on here would agree with that even if he turned out to be the next Pirlo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here