Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Bloor

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
He was in Ladbrokes at Patcham on Monday and had £3,000 on a horse to win...not sure if it did but was quite surprised the manager of Worthing, a renowned punter, bets in such large sums.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Whatever, Bloor is a well known figure in Sussex sport (I think he used to play for the Albion years ago). He is a big, big punter. I remember a few years ago, him walking into Ladbrokes at Fiveways with a winning slip demanding they pay him six grand there and then. When they told him he'd have to come back, he went ballistic!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Probably got a tip of Ashley Carr who plays for B Hill.
And is a bookie of considerable wealth.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Where is Bloor now?

He was treated like shit at BH.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dont know which County League side he went to.

He was treated poorly, but didnt like him much anyway.
One of Pooks buddys i think.

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
Danny Bloor is working with Alan Pook at Worthing this season, following Gary Croydons decision to re-instate himself as the Burgess Hill boss in the Summer. All this despite Danny romping away with the County League and getting them promoted. A tad harsh.

Can't say I've got much time for any of them, despite their collective success at County/Isthmian League standard. Not an overly popular bunch outside of their surroundings, and not always well thought of on the inside either....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I could have guided B Hill to the title last year lets be honest.
They were that far ahead of the other County League sides.

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
..... massively so Marshy. Not really sure if thats an inditement on the poor state of the County League at the moment, personally I think that the Littlehampton/Wick/Peacehaven (the latter ironically under Mr Pook before Pete Edwards took over) teams of the early-mid 90's were far stronger. The Littlehampton team that made the first round proper of the F.A. Cup and F.A. Vase semi-final was something else, but still played in a very competitive league.

Still, despite not being a big fan of the bloke, I thought Danny Bloor at least deserved a chance this season. Just appears that Gary had spent a little too long out of the 'limelight' and missed reading about himself in the Sports Argus every Saturday.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed, although Bloor hadnt brought any players of any note in.
I watched B Hill quite a few times last year, living there and its about time they got out of that division.
Think they will be a top 8 side this year also.

When Pook initially came in he brought half the peacehaven side with him anyway, destroyed the soul of my local side.

I think Adie Downey is the only local player left in the side.
Sad really, at least hes skipper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here