Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Webb

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kinky Gerbils said:
We need four strikers

Not of the quality of Mido you dont. 1 is too many. He was dire againsy Chelsea and arguably the substitution of both Berbatov and Lennon cost you the game.

Were they both showing signs of injury or tiredness or was it Martin Jol made a balls up thinking that you would be able to hold on and keep them for Wednesday nights EUFA game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
Not of the quality of Mido you dont. 1 is too many. He was dire againsy Chelsea and arguably the substitution of both Berbatov and Lennon cost you the game.

Were they both showing signs of injury or tiredness or was it Martin Jol made a balls up thinking that you would be able to hold on and keep them for Wednesday nights EUFA game.

Not sure subbing a striker with a injury is a balls up?!

Mido was class against Fulham so had his good days.

Also Barney has an injury so, yes we do need him at the moment.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky, I think it was Taylor that Wicks fell out with. Adams used Wicks at the beginning of that season, although Cullips and Morgan were the first choice pairing. This lead to Crosby moving to Oxford. Taylor then came in and quickly swaped Wicks for the enigma that was David Lee. This actually left us very short of centre backs with really only Virgo as back up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Far do's I knew he fell out with somebody and got px for David Lee.

It did indeed leave the team short, lucky Morgans knees held up.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was always personally embarrassed by Webbs ability to fall over as much as I was with Leon Knight. I think it was at one of the NSC sponsored games that Webb scored although I was still making my way back from hospitality after half time and missed it.

The only memory of Wicks remaining in my brain is of him backing off and backing off giving Svenson his shooting opportunity that led to a goal in the match v southampton on 9/11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here